Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers
You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Baby, it's cold down here! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/22707-baby-its-cold-down-here.html)

Midnight Flyer 12-01-2006 03:08 AM

Baby, it's cold down here!

:D With the wind blowing around 25-30 mph and snow coming down and the temps around 20 degrees it feels like a deep freeze down here in western Arkansas and our yard looks like a frozen tundra! Yoop, what's a good snowmobile and how much does one cost 'cause it feels like we're gonna need one! :rock:

yoopr 12-01-2006 03:13 AM

waa waa :P
I've got a 1990 Indy Classic which has 440cc's
Only goes around 75 but that's too fast for me-The new sleds are BIG and FAST and some have 1000 cc's-Full throtttle one of those and you'd be hanging onto your bars with your legs parallel to the sled :P
Hell-You're in Ice country-all you would do is spin in circles lol

yoopr 12-01-2006 03:29 AM

This is a picture of me and my Sled

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../Les20Pe67.jpg

Jackrabbit379 12-01-2006 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by yoopr:

That's like the 20 year old kid that lives a couple doors down from me. He has a jacked up Z-71 pickup. He asked me yesterday if I was still working. I said,"yep,we dont shut down for nothing :P " He told me that he was happy that he has his 4 wheel drive. I told him that it wont do any good with this blanket of ice all over town :P

Midnight Flyer 12-01-2006 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379:

Originally Posted by yoopr:

That's like the 20 year old kid that lives a couple doors down from me. He has a jacked up Z-71 pickup. He asked me yesterday if I was still working. I said,"yep,we dont shut down for nothing :P " He told me that he was happy that he has his 4 wheel drive. I told him that it wont do any good with this blanket of ice all over town :P

:D Sorta reminds me of a guy who was a customer of mine at the auto parts store where I used to work. He had a Chevy Z-71 all jacked up with the lift kits, ultra fancy wheels and tires, beautiful maroon paint, leather interior, engine mods, even a Warn winch on the front. That rig was sweet looking! But one of his buddys told me he'd NEVER even taken it off road! 8)

Jackrabbit379 12-01-2006 02:26 PM

I never understand why people spend so much in 4 wheel drive pickups,and never use the 4 wheel drive.

yoopr 12-01-2006 06:38 PM

I never understand why people spend so much in 4 wheel drive pickups,and never use the 4 wheel drive.

Most everybody up here does-My driveway to the County road is pretty long and in the Summer it seems like a gradual incline but in the winter it's like climbing a Mountain :P

Yeah-I just love these people who have 4 wheel drive and go zipping by on the Ice thinking the 4 wheels engaged will actually do something on the Ice. I usually see them in the ditch later on. :P

Colin 12-01-2006 06:54 PM

Usually the same reason a 2 wheel drive car is souped up with engine and suspension mods, then not raced. Daily driver and whatnot.

They want to look cool. 8)

Jackrabbit379 12-01-2006 09:30 PM

Yeah,it's beyond me. :P

geomon 12-01-2006 09:50 PM

People don't realize that while you can pull yourself out of something better or accelerate up to speed with minimal slipping if you have 4-wheel drive, you CAN'T stop any better. Handling and slipping don't change.. :shock:

You should see all these bay area ya-hoos with their 4-wheel SUV's come barrelling up I80 to the Sierra in a blizzard. They're tail gating and cutting into the space I KNOW I need to leave behind the car in front of me. No wonder I80 over the Sierra gets closed all the time......