Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   trucker boots? cowboy boots? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/21865-trucker-boots-cowboy-boots.html)

Maximum Destruction 11-02-2006 04:14 PM

trucker boots? cowboy boots?

I got an email from sheplers this morning. They got a boot sale goin on. I might get myself a pair of cowboy work boots. :shock: Got some good deals goin on.

ecnalubma 11-02-2006 05:15 PM

I just got a pair of Harley Davidson Mega Harness Boots... LOVE 'EM!! They aren't steel toe but very comfortable and they look pretty cool, too!

Rev.Vassago 11-02-2006 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecnalubma
I just got a pair of Harley Davidson Mega Harness Boots... LOVE 'EM!! They aren't steel toe but very comfortable and they look pretty cool, too!

I wear the Harley Davidson Faded Glory boots - they are the only footwear that I wear, other than my Sketchers sandles I wear when behind the wheel.

shyykatt 11-02-2006 05:35 PM

Have a nice day! :D

Retirednavysnipe 11-02-2006 06:07 PM

Ariat laceups, the only way to go

shyykatt 11-02-2006 09:12 PM

Ariats are nice boots, but they simply don't last real long.

Midnight Flyer 11-02-2006 10:34 PM

:D I like to wear a pair of white New Balance running shoes when I drive. 8)

Roadhog 11-03-2006 01:45 AM

Up here in the North...we are getting snow and ice...so you'll see me in my Sorrel's mostly. Good traction, warm and comfy.

Maximum Destruction 11-03-2006 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyykatt
Ariats are nice boots, but they simply don't last real long.

Well i hope so cause i just got me a pair. :lol:

shyykatt 11-04-2006 02:25 AM

good luck w/that; if your lazy and don't do too much, you'll be fine :lol:

vavega 11-04-2006 02:57 AM

6 inch shaft timberlands

if they breakdown, send them back and they either fix or replace for free. the tongue is one piece so it doesn't move around and bunch up and water won't get down into your socks if you splash thru mud puddles like i do. :oops: :wink: :D

Maximum Destruction 11-14-2006 04:06 PM

Got a problem with one of my new boots. When i walk my left boot makes a farting sound. How the heck do i fix that? :shock: They are made my Ariat.

Roadhog 11-14-2006 04:45 PM

Easy....trade with me. Mine go ...squeekie squeekie squeekie
with every step, and it just ain't my style. :P ...I think? :?
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...om_music_1.jpg

shyykatt 11-14-2006 07:34 PM

Try neatsfoot oil. (pure; not the 'compound' stuff) Let em' really soak the oil up; wipe-off all the excess, and later apply 'bootshield'- awesome stuff.

knightwolf71477 11-15-2006 03:52 AM

I like my wolverines, but I only use lace up boots. That is because I have weak ankles and I am a car hauler so I need the ankle support.

yoopr 11-15-2006 04:08 AM

Quote:

Try neatsfoot oil. (pure; not the 'compound' stuff) Let em' really soak the oil up; wipe-off all the excess, and later apply 'bootshield'- awesome stuff.

You forgot that you should heat up your Boot before applying it

Splitter 11-18-2006 07:22 PM

Sneakers while driving, and Georgia boots when working outside the truck.

ceb 11-18-2006 08:00 PM

Red Wings for everything

Fozzy 11-18-2006 10:38 PM

Whats the difference between a cowboy hat and a tampon?

Cowboy hats are for buttholes!

bullhauler 11-19-2006 01:21 AM

insulated rubber boots, out side the truck, easy slipons to the cab moccasins to drive.

Jay B. Swift 11-20-2006 02:59 AM

Chippewa lace-ups.

Fozzy 11-20-2006 04:42 AM

Depends entirely on what I'm doing and where I'm going. Leather steel toes or sneakers. NEVER flipflops or house slippers GAG!!!

shyykatt 11-22-2006 01:54 PM

...'heat your boot before applying it'.

Good idea. It may be easier to heat the oil- thats what I do for cleaning saddles; put it in a small jar/glass container and nuke it for a min (not so much that you'll burn fingers when applying it). But there again, oil thats too hot will actually damage leather fibers.
Another trick for breakin' them in- old cowboy trick- just wear them while you walk in some water(like a shallow stream or whatever) - then they will soften/ stretch a little n' comform to your feet better.

terrylamar 11-22-2006 03:18 PM

Quote:

...'heat your boot before applying it'.

Good idea. It may be easier to heat the oil- thats what I do for cleaning saddles; put it in a small jar/glass container and nuke it for a min (not so much that you'll burn fingers when applying it). But there again, oil thats too hot will actually damage leather fibers.
Another trick for breakin' them in- old cowboy trick- just wear them while you walk in some water(like a shallow stream or whatever) - then they will soften/ stretch a little n' comform to your feet better.

Or a bathtub?

shyykatt 11-22-2006 04:13 PM

whatever works.

Maximum Destruction 11-26-2006 02:24 AM

ive heard about putting them in the bathtub

terrylamar 11-26-2006 02:46 AM

My point was that water is water, go use the water hose outside.

Toothpick 12-04-2006 03:51 AM

When I got snowed in earlier this week and got stuck at the Flying J in Sullivan, MO for a day and a half, I wore my Lacrosse insulated rubber boots that I also use for hunting to walk around in the snow and ice. Every one over there kept telling me I was lucky. Hell…I put them in the truck a couple of trips ago after I had to go barefooted in Virginia Beach to hook up to a trailer because the lot I was picking up in at the time was flooded. Now…I’m glad I did!

nrvsreck 12-04-2006 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fozzy
Depends entirely on what I'm doing and where I'm going. Leather steel toes or sneakers. NEVER flipflops or house slippers GAG!!!

Oh no! You're not a real trucker unless you wear flip-flops! Not to mention the filthy sleeveless t-shirt with your belly hanging out from under it and baggy shorts that ride up your cra.., oh, wait... that was unmentionable. Don't worry, I won't mention it again. :roll:

Can the trucking industry just start over again with human beings at the wheel instead of the scrum of our society? :evil: :roll:

bowslap 12-05-2006 02:16 AM

Cowboy boots for me.....Double H is my brand of choice.

Aeroglide 7 soles are the best thing to ever happen to poopkickers....feels like wearing a sneaker. Regular treatments with mink oil and water repellant on the sole stitching ensures a long life. My current pair has lasted me for 2 years, and that's saying something. Most of that time was hauling heavy equipment(mud, stone, snow)....they're about due for new heelpads, but that's it.

I just quietly shake my head at the attire of some of our driving "brethren"......house slippers, cutoff sweatpants, dirty white t-shirts. I remember a time when the professional driver was one of the most neatly attired individuals out there.....button-down western-style shirts, clean jeans, and boots with a good shine on'em......what happened?

Fozzy 12-05-2006 03:04 AM

Trucking has become and industry where people just "end up". The glorified homeless and the desperate for work have become the majority I'm afraid. The industry has only itself to blame. When your biggest recruiting tool is stressing non-conformity and having no boss and no one "breathing down your neck all day" the standards head for the cellar. I get a kick out of the infomercials about making your living while working in your pajamas, there are too many drivers who take them literally.

I rememeber when most fleets required drivers to wear decent, suitable clothes and be presentable.

Maximum Destruction 12-27-2006 03:19 AM

Boot Update

my boots still make noise but not as often. i think its the new material its made out of. it said on the box that mud won't stick to the bottom as bad

ethelcurtis 09-23-2019 07:04 PM

nice sharing!

ethelcurtis 09-23-2019 07:08 PM

i recommend you to try Laredo Bridget Western Boot also if you want to know more about the best cowboy shoes in 2019 check out the list https://thefashionupdates.com/womens-cowboy-boots/

EvaShinQ 08-04-2022 11:40 AM

The main thing is to buy quality proven shoes, not some consumer products, replicas, etc. It's just that nowadays, China has flooded the market with all kinds of copies of products, especially shoes, and I am very surprised why companies do nothing to secure their products. For example to tie their brand through https://collectid.io/ to NFC technology, so that in case of purchase, the customer could at any time check the authenticity of the goods. I think that would be fair.