Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   what happens when a Train and a Semi go at it? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/20231-what-happens-when-train-semi-go.html)

Random_Facts 09-08-2006 06:36 AM

what happens when a Train and a Semi go at it?

CRST trucking company, and a Train go at it? you get a stupid driver who thinks he can out run a freight train..Now this should work Unlike the other ones i tryed posting lol. my mom sent this one to me so that means it can't fail right?

http://zanyvideos.com/video/1218/Spe...emi-Truck.html

when you click on that just scroll down alittle bit, theres a green screen but its at the bottom of your screen. That's why You never ever want to mess with a Train and when that crossing goes down be Smart just stop lol. its that simple.

Random_Facts 09-08-2006 12:00 PM

16 reviews no comments yet? Well actually I think half of thoughs are me but Is it working at least. Someone just say Yes you'll make my day Lol.

2000Volvo770 09-08-2006 12:17 PM

I hate to be calling the dispatcher on this one. :sad:

wot i life 09-12-2006 11:41 AM

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...fe/P224YFC.jpg
Here,s what happened when my old truck met a train! :wink:

littleman2 09-12-2006 03:19 PM

CRST
Crash and Roll Stunt Team is what they are known for.

Mtc_Is_Hell 09-12-2006 05:01 PM

he should have held on his horn and lugged ahead, He could easily clear the path.

golfhobo 09-12-2006 08:54 PM

What happens when a train and a Semi meet? I've NEVER heard of a case where the Semi won! :lol:

Almost happened to me two weeks ago! I was making a WIDE turn over some 'raised' tracks, and a car tried to come the other way. I turned a little too sharply to give him room, and grounded my dollies. Before I could choose a plan of action, and while the car was still in my way, yep, I heard the train's horn! :shock:

I forgot all about the car! I tried to go forward with my wheels turned away from the angle, and in my mirror I saw my drives spinning!

luckily, my "inferior" CDL mill / Team training took over, and I flipped my interlock switch. I drove away as the arm came down on the back of my trailer (breaking a clearance light) and got off the tracks before the train got there.

Also, lucky for me, I didn't damage the dollies. If they hadn't scraped over, I wonder if I would have had the presence of mind, and the time, to jump out and pull the 5th wheel release pin saving the truck and sacrificing the trailer and the load?

After delivering my load, I had to go back the same way. There was a crew there working on the "gate" arm. I guess I did a number on IT, too! :lol:

PackRatTDI 09-13-2006 12:08 PM

I think it's a bit over the top to call that driver stupid. If you look at the video, the tracks are hidden behind a line of trees and the angle of the road would make it very hard to see the train without having to take your eyes way off the road ahead. Plus he was already past the signals when the crossing guards were coming down. Also seems the train was moving at a faster clip than maybe it shoud be in an urbanized area. I think even if he did see the train stopping would have put him on the tracks anyways. I dunno.

We have several intersections like that here with tracks paralleling one of the roads that would have activated the green light for the direction the truck was traveling in order to clear the tracks. most of the roads are perpendicular to the tracks though one comes in at a similar steep angle as the road in the video. All other lights would turn red. Because of that we've not had an vehicle/train accident at any of those intersections that I can recall.

saratoga 09-13-2006 10:13 PM

My memory is still fresh from classes and it says Hazzards on, Windows rolled down, radio off, slow down, look, listen, make sure there's room on the other side, then go. If driver did this he could have heard the train and stopped, no matter what angle the tracks and what might obscure his sight. Seems to me he needs a refresher course. :? Toga

PackRatTDI 09-13-2006 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saratoga
My memory is still fresh from classes and it says Hazzards on, Windows rolled down, radio off, slow down, look, listen, make sure there's room on the other side, then go. If driver did this he could have heard the train and stopped, no matter what angle the tracks and what might obscure his sight. Seems to me he needs a refresher course. :? Toga

That's only required if you're pulling a placarded HAZMAT load or driving a passenger bus. Didn't look like he was loaded much less carrying HAZMAT.