User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2018, 09:17 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Truck driving jobs myth or reality?

I heard from some news that in 10 years from now trucks will drive by themselves and all the drivers will be unemployed.Is that true?I want to be a truck driver too but I don't want to end up like that.I mean I can't find another job that allows you to travel in other countries.Do you know another job?I just don't know and I never found it.I always dreamed that I can travel in a lot of countries and see the world by myself but now when I see that AI(Artificial Intelligence) will replace drivers I don't know what to do or say. Am I dreaming?10-15 years ago there were no smart trucks and drivers could easily drive all over the world.What happened?Has the economy become more poorly?
Old 07-28-2018, 10:56 PM
Senior Board Member

I don't know much about driving all around the world but I wouldn't worry to much about autonomous trucks, they are coming but drivers will be needed.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington