User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2015, 02:04 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default moving household contents

HI Everyone, we are moving to one state over soon ny to Vermont, our problem is we own far more content than any uhaul could carry and we could not possibly load everything in a day or even a week . our last move took dozens of trips using a ups style delivery truck and took months to complete the move. this time we are thinking of buying a roadworthy semi trailer (or 3) to load at our leisure and then hire a truck and driver to move them to our new site150 miles away. we were wondering if this is doable?, if there are any laws forbidding such a move ? any pro's/con's that should be considered ? ect. last time we had to mark the weight of each box/item and keep a tally, before loading the items in order to keep from overloading our truck we expect we will have to do the same with a semi trailer. thanks in advance for your input
Old 10-31-2015, 01:36 AM
Senior Board Member

Yard sale? I think it might be time.
I think you might be better off checking into the rental/moving pods or just having a 40' pup dropped at your old location and then when full they drag it to your new place. Right now I have a brain fart and can't think of the company's name. R&L!!! Thats it! (I think)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 11-02-2015, 12:32 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

The company is called iPod. I have a friend who used a couple of them to move across the country.