User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2015, 07:15 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Need some help / advice

How's it going fellas. I havent a clue about trucking/trailers so I signed up here to get some advice.

I am in the process of trying to acquire a dry van trailer. This trailer can be from 28' to 48' , swing doors, the back wheels must be a minimum of 3' from the rear step area/bumper in order to have room for a small , less than 3000lb tuck under lift gate.The trailer will be used to store tools , it will be stationary most of the time but may need to move 60 or so miles every so often. I will need this trailer in less than 3 months time.

Thats the back story. Here are my dilemmas.

I have searched the internet and found many trailers outside of California ( where i am currently residing ). Many trailers that are in need of paint or wheels , few are rusted , and there some really nice ones too. Here are my questions.

Is it economical to purchase a trailer out of state and pay to have it brought to california?
What would the cost be?
If I were to buy a trailer that was in need of a paint job , how much would that cost?
After finding one I can afford and like , what are the most important things to look for , rusted under carriage , bald tires , the most expensive repairs etc.
Do companies who resell trailers tend to be pretty honest , or should I plan on taking a trip out to see the trailer in person ?

Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.