User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Al Gore is full of more stuffing than a Christmas turkey. I noticed that it's now called, 'climate change'. Guess mr Gore figured the people figured out how full of bullsnot he is.
We always have climate change. Had it since the earth was created. Look at the southeast, and northeast. All those deadly tornadoes this year. It's like tornado alley has moved. We normally get our rains in the spring/early summer from the severe thunderstorms. We didn't get but 2" all year, up until the other day when we got a few drops from a little cloud burst. I do think it's odd how the weather has been different. I am not going to think for once that this man, Al Gore invented it. In 2009, we had a real winter. It snowed almost every dag gum week. I just about admitted myself into the State Hospital. Once every several years, we do have a harsh winter. Like this year, every so often, we have droughts. I do have to say, this summer is the worst we've had. The climate/weather does change. No front page news.

Also, you want to talk about something stupid! A couple weeks ago, I took my wife's car to the dealer for some warranty work. They had a new Corvette in the show room. I had so much fun with the door. It had a push button. You push the button, and the door slowly opened. My wife told me to stop! I threw a fit! It was $60,000 I might add. :hellno: On the info sticker on the winder, where it has the price, and stuff. It had the emissions information, along with some kind of Global Warming information. (on how much it affects the Global Warming) Next time yall go to a GM dealer, look at the new Corvette, if they have one. I could not believe that GM let Al Gore put that junk on there. Just how many people are gonna buy that?... Not the Vette, but the Global Warming info on the sticker.....

http://watsonsysco.com/

Last edited by Jackrabbit379; 08-16-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
Al Gore is full of more stuffing than a Christmas turkey. I noticed that it's now called, 'climate change'. Guess mr Gore figured the people figured out how full of bullsnot he is.
We always have climate change. Had it since the earth was created. Look at the southeast, and northeast. All those deadly tornadoes this year. It's like tornado alley has moved. We normally get our rains in the spring/early summer from the severe thunderstorms. We didn't get but 2" all year, up until the other day when we got a few drops from a little cloud burst. I do think it's odd how the weather has been different. I am not going to think for once that this man, Al Gore invented it. In 2009, we had a real winter. It snowed almost every dag gum week. I just about admitted myself into the State Hospital. Once every several years, we do have a harsh winter. Like this year, every so often, we have droughts. I do have to say, this summer is the worst we've had. The climate/weather does change. No front page news.

Also, you want to talk about something stupid! A couple weeks ago, I took my wife's car to the dealer for some warranty work. They had a new Corvette in the show room. I had so much fun with the door. It had a push button. You push the button, and the door slowly opened. My wife told me to stop! I threw a fit! It was $60,000 I might add. :hellno: On the info sticker on the winder, where it has the price, and stuff. It had the emissions information, along with some kind of Global Warming information. (on how much it affects the Global Warming) Next time yall go to a GM dealer, look at the new Corvette, if they have one. I could not believe that GM let Al Gore put that junk on there. Just how many people are gonna buy that?... Not the Vette, but the Global Warming info on the sticker.....

I predict that many many many people, will happily pay $60,000 + for an "Al Gore Climate Change Sticker".....as long as it comes with the attached Vette!!

:rofl:
Old 08-17-2011, 02:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Ooooooooooh chit. We went and made this political!
Have no fear. As long as liberals don't post any comments you'll be fine.

Last edited by MichiganDriver; 08-17-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:38 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:

Back when I was about 8 years old (Yes, Hobo, there was a time I was that young), my folks were adding a garage. When the trenches were dug, we were getting dust from more than 6 feet down. Maple and elm trees that were 30 and 40 feet tall had leaves turning yellow from lack of moisture. I remember that year, I did not have to push the lawn mower around the yard because the grass was all brown. Corn, oats, and hay didn't do well at all that year, and there wasn't much to put in the barn. My father sold off, far more than normal, the number of head of cattle that year because feed was going to be skimpy. For the cattle he had left that winter, he bought hay from out of state to hold out till he was able to let the cows out to pasture.

The following year, we had a bumper crop and he was selling hay.

When I do a little research into the past, I see where there have been cycles of cooling and icing, and then warming again. The glaciers are melting and exposing bones and artifacts that have been covered for hundreds and thousands of years. That would suggest that the last time those glaciers melted was thousands of years ago. And, the cycles stretch over thousands of years as well. I don't know if the cycle has peaked or not, but at some point, Al Gore is sure to be talking about "GLOBAL FREEZING"... If he lives long enough.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Al We always have climate change. Had it since the earth was created..
YEP round here we call it winter, spring, summer and fall.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:02 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganDriver View Post
Have no fear. As long as liberals don't post any comments you'll be fine.
He won't engage.
He can't get back in the saddle.

.... keep sending him in.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
Back when I was about 8 years old (Yes, Hobo, there was a time I was that young), my folks were adding a garage. When the trenches were dug, we were getting dust from more than 6 feet down. Maple and elm trees that were 30 and 40 feet tall had leaves turning yellow from lack of moisture. I remember that year, I did not have to push the lawn mower around the yard because the grass was all brown. Corn, oats, and hay didn't do well at all that year, and there wasn't much to put in the barn. My father sold off, far more than normal, the number of head of cattle that year because feed was going to be skimpy. For the cattle he had left that winter, he bought hay from out of state to hold out till he was able to let the cows out to pasture.

The following year, we had a bumper crop and he was selling hay.

When I do a little research into the past, I see where there have been cycles of cooling and icing, and then warming again. The glaciers are melting and exposing bones and artifacts that have been covered for hundreds and thousands of years. That would suggest that the last time those glaciers melted was thousands of years ago. And, the cycles stretch over thousands of years as well. I don't know if the cycle has peaked or not, but at some point, Al Gore is sure to be talking about "GLOBAL FREEZING"... If he lives long enough.

I read something the other day about Al Gore having a "melt down" or that is the way it sounded. Looking back, it is probably a good think that Al didn't become president. I think that he is mentally unstable. Back in the 60's and early 70's the powers that be were telling us that we were heading into another "ice age." When things started to warm up they switched to global warming. It was a way to introduce thousands of useless regulations and to gain control over much of this country and our people. Well, the last few years we have had more severe winters than in a number of years. A couple of years ago, I started to hear that we were heading into another ice age, again. With record cold in winter and record heat in summer, they have switched to "climate" change. I suppose that is a way to cover up not really knowing and for them to not look so ridiculous. Poor Al. He is totally confused. Perhaps that is why he had a melt down.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
I read something the other day about Al Gore having a "melt down" or that is the way it sounded. Looking back, it is probably a good think that Al didn't become president. I think that he is mentally unstable. Back in the 60's and early 70's the powers that be were telling us that we were heading into another "ice age." When things started to warm up they switched to global warming. It was a way to introduce thousands of useless regulations and to gain control over much of this country and our people. Well, the last few years we have had more severe winters than in a number of years. A couple of years ago, I started to hear that we were heading into another ice age, again. With record cold in winter and record heat in summer, they have switched to "climate" change. I suppose that is a way to cover up not really knowing and for them to not look so ridiculous. Poor Al. He is totally confused. Perhaps that is why he had a melt down.
I remember that!! I remember for "Arbor Day" we planted a tree in the grass strip separating the street from the sidewalk in front of the brand new Grade School......and the teacher had us put our "Time Capsule" in an air tight rubberized box, because before that capsule was to be dug up, the valley was going to be covered in ice hundreds of feet thick, then flooded by the melt!!!

I think they dug that box up last year....when a kid hit that tree in his car and knocked the tree down. 1964 or 65 was the year we planted it.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete View Post
YEP round here we call it winter, spring, summer and fall.
Exactly!

Old 08-17-2011, 07:32 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
Yeah, that's about how it is here. We did get a little shower this last Saturday morning. I had a 1/4 inch at my house. I mowed my yard back in April. I haven't had to touch it since. The only thing that has grown are some dandelions and some Dallisgrass that I've been trying to get rid of.
Most everybody around here is having to water cattle. I've never seen so many ponds run dry. Those that can still put hay out, are feeding cattle, and it's not even winter yet.
The bad thing about having to sell cattle is that, if you stay in the business, you have to start all over again. Sure you can make money for selling them, but you have to get more. It's a terrible thing when you have to sell out in these conditions.