LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2011, 02:11 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganDriver View Post
Ahhh Religious Riddlespeak. Love it.

So... When God drops a tornado on a town and 153 people die, it must mean that some people are being punished, what about the others?
When God does, then I'll ask, but since I don't believe that is Him, I won't. I am a parent, and I don't kill my kids to punish them. Good Night
Old 07-16-2011, 02:17 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

So... When God drops a tornado on a town and 153 people die, it must mean that some people are being punished, what about the others?

When I see those numbers of deaths involved....I usually just think that God was simply being expedient.

Those 153 were due in heaven at that moment.....and some place in amongst the rest of the carnage....were several "somebodies" whom were getting their "Comeuppance'.....as it were.

:nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:
Old 07-16-2011, 02:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlie View Post
When God does, then I'll ask, but since I don't believe that is Him, I won't. I am a parent, and I don't kill my kids to punish them. Good Night
Not to nitpick but you gave the wrong answer. God wouldn't be punishing people if they weren't believers and so you should have corrected me by saying it's not punishment, eternal life in heaven is a reward.

BTW, I'm sure tomorrow I'll regret speaking my mind to a religious person - I always do. If believing in supernatural beings gives you comfort then please do, comfort is a hard thing to come by. :thumbsup:
Old 07-16-2011, 05:25 AM
Senior Board Member

you would think it be hell getting filled up ,like George Jones sings Hell is open 24hrs,
Old 07-17-2011, 11:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

Oh yea u know in Alabama theres a bunch of evangelicals constantly asking people if they been saved....The big 'tornada' as they call em here came within a few miles of my house headed right for it, then disorganized only to reorganize about 3 miles on the other side...I must be blessed- maybe i had it right and the hypocrites with their bibles and fake facades had it wrong? Of course im speaking a bit tonge andchek here :P
Old 07-18-2011, 08:11 PM
Board Icon

GMAN said:

Quote:
There are those who think that all the disasters that are plaguing this country is the judgment of GOD.
1) I bet you are a "card-carrying member."

2) HOW "insensitive" of you!! You are replying to a post from a guy in New Zealand (for Christsakes,) and talking about "this country's" disasters or plagues! :hellno:

Quote:
As a nation, we seem to have turned our back on GOD.
Or... vice versa! What did New Zealand do?? THEIR version of our NYC AND Wahington D.C. combined... is their capital of "Christ's Church, New Zealand."

For NO OTHER REASON ... than maybe their "social networking" with sheep.... these people have had their whole country/government CRUSHED by earthquakes... the LATEST just a few days ago! :eek2:

You want to tell THEM that GOD crushed Christ's Church, NZ because they had "lost their way?" :eek2::hellno:

Quote:
Others consider it a natural cycle we go through every so many years.
And it IS... to an extent! But, there is PROOF that the "weather patterns" and temps of THIS "cycle" (and the last few,) have been ENHANCED by carbon emmissions and "global warming." But, that doesn't explain the earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, does it? Or.... DOES it?

Quote:
Historically, GOD has punished those who fail to follow his teachings.
REALLY??? You have "historical" proof of that? OR are you just relying on what the BIBLE tells you happened?

I go back to my question of... WHY New Zealand? WHY Chile? They're a totally Catholic society and country! Why is GOD "punishing" these OTHER countries??

Oh yeah... I forgot! Per the original post... ALL the blessings of GOD were "endowed" to AMERICANS!! ... the REST of the World is "on its own!" :hellno:

Note to Michno1: I got ur back, dude... but, why can't Y'all speak English? :lol:

Maybe a few more quakes will do it! issedoff::angryblue::eek2: .... :lol::lol2::smokin:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Board Icon

Sharlie TRIED to say:

Quote:
The above poster's comment, which is funny to me, implies that many live their daily lives void of an acknowledgement of Him. Then disasters happen and [they claim] it's His fault??
Pardon the "rewrite," but... am I close?

Quote:
Hmm... Last time I checked a father doesn't grab another person's kid and start spanking them.
Ohhhh.... but you have NO IDEA how often I really WANT to!! :lol:

Quote:
So if He is not your Father, its highly likely He is not punishing you. If He is your Father, He is Good and you needed the spanking.:thumbsup:
ROFLMAO!! I think I "get you" Sharlie! Michigan is a bit slow... but, he's working on it! :lol:

BTW... I noticed the change of avatar. I really LIKED the horses one you had before. WHY the change? And.... what does this NEW one mean to YOU? I gotta admit, I'm struggling to understand it.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Sharlie TRIED to say:

Pardon the "rewrite," but... am I close?
Yes, I knew YOU'D get me! Its nice to see things haven't changed too much.

Quote:
Ohhhh.... but you have NO IDEA how often I really WANT to!! :lol:
Yup, its hard not to

Quote:
ROFLMAO!! I think I "get you" Sharlie! Michigan is a bit slow... but, he's working on it! :lol:
Thanks, We women are not an easy thing to understand, we hardly understand ourselves sometimes.

Quote:
BTW... I noticed the change of avatar. I really LIKED the horses one you had before. WHY the change? And.... what does this NEW one mean to YOU? I gotta admit, I'm struggling to understand it.
Why do I like it? There is no hidden meaning. I like the contrast of black, white and red. I changed it quickly. I could use something new. Just haven't invested much thought in to it.