Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Amusing Truck Driving Factual Stories (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/amusing-truck-driving-factual-stories-23/)
-   -   best comeback of the day (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/amusing-truck-driving-factual-stories/36952-best-comeback-day.html)

okie 01-29-2009 11:54 AM

best comeback of the day

Cruising along I--44 around Joplin the other day. I assume this group of three identical company trucks merging on to the hiway was responsible for the chuckle. As the first two are noticeably pulling away from the third. One says over the CB; "Wow, I must weigh a whole lot more than you guys!" and with one of the fastest comebacks ever one says; "yea, I was meaning to say something to you about that, when I saw you waddling away from the Flying J Buffet yesterday." It made me chuckle.

Biscuit Lips 02-04-2009 04:23 AM

You should get a local job and spend time with actual people.

mike3fan 02-04-2009 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biscuit Lips (Post 437160)
You should get a local job and spend time with actual people.

yawn.....

still bullhauler 02-08-2009 06:00 AM

cb come back

It was late july, west bound on I 94 between Gary and Chicago, around midnight, the traffic is heavy but the road works is a *****. three lanes down to one, runnig with a kentucky bullhauler nome of Ron loaded with bulls for long prairie min, we are in the centere lane four wheelers just screeming by, Ron pulls over into the hammer lane I pull a long side. now we have control, when the cb lights up. hey bullhauler what makes you so special, and with out missing a beat, Ron comes back my mama didnt your mama tell you you were special.

Biscuit Lips 02-09-2009 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by still bullhauler (Post 437684)
It was late july, west bound on I 94 between Gary and Chicago, around midnight, the traffic is heavy but the road works is a *****. three lanes down to one, runnig with a kentucky bullhauler nome of Ron loaded with bulls for long prairie min, we are in the centere lane four wheelers just screeming by, Ron pulls over into the hammer lane I pull a long side. now we have control, when the cb lights up. hey bullhauler what makes you so special, and with out missing a beat, Ron comes back my mama didnt your mama tell you you were special.

HOLY SMOKES MAN, lay off the high-speed chicken speed before you try to type so the rest of us have a some chance of interperting that garble!

okie 02-10-2009 01:18 PM

local job, no thats ok

No I will stick to my Regional Dedicated job thanks. Back under a loaded trlr. take it for a ride, bump dock, open door, let someone else unload it, shut door go to next stop, let someone unload it. Its last stop so they then sweep it out for me. I get paid $20 bucks a stop, honestly I don't know why I don't do anything. Head back fuel reefer, maybe I take a 2nd run maybe I don't. All for an average of 2500 miles per week, 2 days off, terminal 15 minutes from my house. Hate to get into the salary so we will say its almost 3 times more than my gov't job salary. I don't brag about my salary by quoting gross pay like everyone else. I quote net.

ct77 02-21-2009 08:38 PM

Running the gorge I-40, at every corner there is a splash of brown manure covering the corner in various lengths and patterns. Since I have seen this before I knew it was cow manure sloshing out of a bull hauler.
On the CB,
First driver"careful mud in the curves is pretty slick!"
Second driver"driver thats not mud thats s*** from a cattle hauler"
First driver(dead serious)"he must be going pretty fast to scare the s*** out of the cows that way"

Parrotheadfla 03-20-2009 03:34 PM

No skeletons

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="6"]:smokin:I HAVE NO SKELETONS IN MY CLOSET,THEY ALL HANG OUT ON THE COUCH WITH ME.THEY EAT MY CHIPS AND DRINK MY BEER.but at least i am not alone!:smokin:

ronjon619 03-21-2009 02:45 AM

CB 1- "Anybody want to take this puppy off my hands? I can't have him in the truck any longer."

CB 2- "What kind of puppy is it?"

CB 1-"His mommy is a collie and his daddy is a JB Hunt driver!"

I had to pull over. I was starting to cry from laughing so hard.

slowmover 05-11-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronjon619 (Post 443292)
CB 1- "Anybody want to take this puppy off my hands? I can't have him in the truck any longer."

CB 2- "What kind of puppy is it?"

CB 1-"His mommy is a collie and his daddy is a JB Hunt driver!"

I had to pull over. I was starting to cry from laughing so hard.

Man, that feels just like late-at-night through Alabama or Georgia hearing that (and cracking up).