User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2007, 01:58 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Fellow driver with frozen sliding tandems.

When I was in Rocker, MT I was at the truck stop just off of 90. After unfreezing my tractor brakes I noticed there was another Swift driver trying to get her tandems slid.

I walk over there and ask her what is going on. She had apparently gotten her trailer loaded, didn't bother to scale out, and was fined for being over weight on her drives.

I look at her tandems and they where frozen solid to the frame of the trailer. First she tried to get her tandems to slide by means of smoking the tires on her drives. Then I hopped into her truck, rocked the truck back and fourth to see if I could get her tandems unstuck, and wasn't able to do much of anything.

By this time I had to get going for my next pick up. As I got out of the truck, I noticed a hand gun in her door (idiot), and I took a good look at the driver side of her tractor. It looked like she had jackknifed or something. So, me being curious, I asked her about it, and apparently she had jackknifed 4 times, and did not bother to tell the company of the incidents.

I walked away shaking my head, thinking to myself how I work with a bunch of idiots.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Board Regular

She sounds like a real idiot. And she keeps a hand gun in her door, does she not realize that someone could easily take it and use it on her
Old 01-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Board Regular

Yeah, this is very true. Glad I wasn't teaming with her... That would have made it even worse!
Old 01-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Senior Board Member

yea just think there area so many people out there like that giving the rest of us bad reps and the companies only catch a handful
Old 01-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Board Regular

Although my time with Swift was short, I took pride in what I did and who I worked for. I heard many of Swift drivers getting chewed out because they are driving like idiots, and I was the first one comment on how their poor driving makes me look bad. It usually gets the "defective" driver to quiet down
Old 01-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee
She sounds like a real idiot. And she keeps a hand gun in her door, does she not realize that someone could easily take it and use it on her
And VERY illegial. You should tell a DM. :roll: