User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2006, 12:20 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Scale house blues, in LA.

Not long ago, i enetered a scale with a 4 wheeler headin in front of me, i thought maybe it was a scale master or someone needing to pull over.. This man sat on the scale, i could hear the speaker box telling man 2 pull off scale.. I then seen his attempt trying 2 start car.. I new it stalled, I got out and was told to go back into my trk. but i motioned that i wood push car off scale. Tis man got out of car, mumbling he got off @ wrong x. His was next and he 4 got to put gas in his car, where he just left, so he went to put car in N and just about fell across his seat, so we did get his car off scale and where walking back, when i heard scale master order him in and thank me.. We can all figure what happened next.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:15 PM
Senior Board Member

dont drink the bong water... huh!
Old 09-27-2006, 02:11 AM
Rookie

A few years ago, I was running' east across I-10 in Louisiana. At each State scale, there was a series of signs slowing me down to 5 MPH before hitting the scale.

Until I got to the Slidell scales, east of New Orleans. The last sign I saw said "25 MPH"; so I hit the scales at 25 MPH.

Wrong move. Red lights flashing everywhere! Voice on the speaker says "park it and come inside".

So, I grab my paperwork, registration, etc, and head inside. Soon as I walk in the door, DOT in my face! "You hit my sacles at 25 MPH" etc, etc, etc.

I stand there with paperwork in hand, and said
"But, Officer, the last sign I saw says '25 MPH'"

He says, "yeah, I know. We reported it 3 months ago that the sign was torn down in a storm. They haven't replaced it yet."

"Well, officer, I'll pass the word on the my dispatcher to pass it on to our other drivers. If in this area, watch out for the Slidell scales. 5 MPH regardless of what the sighs say"..

They took a cursory look at my log book, then sent my on my way.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:21 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I always watched out at Any Louisiana Scales-They didn't like my Base Plate :P
Old 09-27-2006, 03:08 AM
Rookie

I was born and reared in south Louisiana. Setteled in a more northerly clime with nicer weather. Hit LA scales, and whip out my Cajun accent. No probs!
Old 09-27-2006, 03:17 AM
Rookie

By the way. Did you ever hear the one about the Cajun that went to drive for JB Hunt?

He's driving along, when Smokey Bear comes up behind with lights flashing.

He pulls over, and says, "what's the problem officer. I couldn't be speeding. I'm regulated to 55 MPH."

Officer says "You lost your trailer. Turn around and follow me. I'll show you the problem."

So, JB turns around and follows him back a couple of miles. Officer says "there's your trailer!"

Cajun driver says "oh,no. Can't be my trailer, officer."

Officer says, "look. It has 'JB Hunt on the side of the trailer, and JB Hunt on the side of your truck. That's your teailer."

Cajun JB says "oh, no. That's a fake. somebody painted it that way to make it look like it's my fault."

Officer says "JB, how can you look me in the eye and say that's not your trailer?"

Cajun JB says, "Officer, my first clue. JB Hunt don't have no trailers with wheels on top!"