Ditto Me three :lol: please
Old 12-05-2004, 06:28 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Doc I want a copy also, but would like to pick mine up in person just let me know when it hits the shelfs at the book stores.

and so it begins, I leave today for traning. oh what fun I am going to have. 11 days and night an hour away from home but wont get to go home. oh the inhumanity of it all of course I will be gone 2 weeks at a time or more when I start driven but to be so close and yet so far with only a phone to connect me to home that sucks.
Oh yea got my hazmat endorsment friday answered 38 of 40 ? missed 4 not bad i guess but I did read the section twice as not to complety fail it
well I go now and stop boring everyone havr a nice day all.
J.B. HUNT wasn't great they didn't
seem to have the freight
Old 12-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Board Regular

Good Luck to ya BigEasy
Old 12-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Senior Board Member

good luck big easy and DOC i sure want a copy of that book
Old 12-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmaller
Doctor Who,
I spent several hours reading all your posts and I felt like I was with you while reading your stories, you have a way with words that is hard to find and makes it hard to stop reading.
I don't know if there is any connection but I remember reading a fictional story in several issues of Truckers News years ago that was written very similar to your style, every story leaves you wanting more.
Anyway's I wanted to say if you ever do get all this in book form I want a copy, signed of course!!
Wow!!!

I'm blushing here, thanks Farmaller!! I do appreciate it very much...

To answer your second sentence, the fictional stories in Truckers News were not mine. I guess I developed this writing style in grade school as a way to battle Dyslexia, I still suffer from bouts of it from time to time and it does get frustrating!!
Enough of that...

Eventually I'll find an understanding publisher and get the book put into print form and yes you will get a autographed copy as will the other folks who asked like Lady 18, Snow, Big Easy, Classic, etc... I may end up with "Writers Cramp" when I'm done signing!!!

Again; Thanks Farmaller and as they say on the nightly news...
"Stick around there's more to come!"

Oh one more minor point: My oldest and youngest daughters have adapted the writing style so, I guess I did good!

Old 12-05-2004, 09:30 PM
Senior Board Member

GOOD SAMARITAN PART 1 1/2

On Friday about 10:45 I was on my way to fetch another load of sand. I came up on an intersection and noticed a white car waiting to turn left I also noticed a person on a Honda Goldwing coming up behind the car, the rider locked the bikes brakes up causing the bike to skid, which caused the bike to wobble out of control, I started to slow down due to an eerie feeling I had. A moment later the bike fell to the right dumping the rider and both person and machine slid on the pavement about 150 feet. At that point I slammed on the brakes, threw the four ways on and hobbled back to help the rider, the driver of a four wheeler behind me jumped out of his car and called 911. Another witness had pulled the helmet off the rider as I got there; the witness told me the guy on the ground was complaining of pain in his chest, side and right leg. I noticed the rider had blood running from his left ear, not a good sign. The rider also complained of a bad headache, I told him it didn?t surprise me since he had hit his head on the asphalt; the helmet blocked half of the impact but was not designed for such a traumatic impact. It was then I realized I didn?t have my First Aid kit; I had left it at the accident scene in New Bern. See page 27 for details...

The rider was a little combative at first saying something about moving his bike from the road, I told him not to worry about the trivial stuff, and then he grabbed his chest my first thought ?Oh no you don?t!?
I asked another witness to help as I hit the guy under his sternum, the witness was shocked, I told him the guy was going into cardiac arrest and I was not going to let him die. I explained the CPR procedure to the witness as I pumped the riders chest having the witness do the breathing. The rider came back to Earth.

Two guys in a pick up stopped and jumped out, I noticed they were putting surgical gloves on. ?EMS?? I asked
They told me they were volunteers from Lenoir County, I told them I didn?t care where they were from I appreciated their help.

Meantime another driver pulled up and helped me pick up the bike moving it to the side of the road.
The emergency people arrived and took charge of the scene as did a highway patrol officer. He asked me if I had witnessed the wreck, I told him I did but also noticed the other witnesses had left.

The officer asked me to give him a complete description of the wreck; I showed him where the bike started to slide and where it ended up along with the rider. The officer asked me if I think the rider over reacted and I told him yes he did? He also asked if the car making the left turn had stopped, I told him the driver of the car never did stop and, more than likely, never saw the commotion behind them...

I spent an hour at the scene and just knew I was going to catch Hell for the truck sitting for such a long time. I brought the sand load into the plant fully expecting a severe bitching out but got questions about the wreck instead. The boss was not angry at all?

Saturday the boss came to me and asked about CPR classes for the foremen and drivers I told him to call the local chapter of the Red Cross. He thought I would teach the class, I told him I couldn?t since I didn?t have the instructors certificate.

I did go to the hospital Friday evening to check on the rider, the attending physician asked me who did the CPR, I told him I did. he responded that I didn't have to hit the guy so hard and showed me the mark I had left.

Old 12-06-2004, 01:48 AM
Rookie

Quote:
I did go to the hospital Friday evening to check on the rider, the attending physician asked me who did the CPR, I told him I did. he responded that I didn't have to hit the guy so hard and showed me the mark I had left.
And the Dr. preffered you did what?? I think a bruise is a small price to pay to be alive!
Way to go Doctor Who!
Old 12-06-2004, 03:25 PM
Default RE

Doc, I'm beginning to believe that the song " Angels Among Us ", I wrote about in another post, was tailor-made about you .

You are one of the kindest people I've heard about in a long time. You continually amaze me with the lack of selflessness you show others.

Have a great day, and Happy Holidays.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:24 PM
Senior Board Member

DOC there has to be something because you are in the right place at the right time alot somebody up there is asking you to do some kind work