Why choose Averitt:
- Leading transportation provider since 1971
- Modern, well-maintained equipment
- Safely park at more than 100 Averitt facilities, many with on-duty security, fuel pumps, showers, exercise rooms and driver convenience centers with Wi-Fi.
- 800+ associates who have been with the Averitt team for 20 or more years!
- Our quality and culture
- Promote from within to leadership/non-driving positions
About this position:
- Only a 15-state coverage; AL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MD, MS, NC, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TN, VA, WV
- No NYC or Canada
- Assigned well-maintained tractors; Volvo VNL670, Freightliner Columbia or Cascadia
- All tractors have automatic transmission & APUs
- Home EVERY Week!
- Average 2,100 miles per week
- PrePass Plus
- Newer, quality trailers with steel frames and aluminum beds
- All load securement and protection equipment is supplied!
- Averitt primarily hauls steel, lumber and building materials.
- We DO NOT haul logs, hay, crushed cars, cowhides, or trash!
Drivers with 1 year of experience will earn:
Starting pay= .43 cpm
.44 cpm at the end of 6 months
.45 cpm at the end of 12 months
.46 cpm at the end of 18 months
(all pay ranges have the potential to earn an additional .01cpm fuel bonus)
You will also earn:
- $15 load secure fee paid on every load (for strapping, chaining, etc.).
- $60 tarp pay
- $12.50 on re-tarp (in the event of a stop off)
- $25 stop pay (not to include origin or destination)
- $7.50 for a load picked up from yard and required to un-tarp before delivery
- Breakdown ($14/hr: takes effect after 2 hrs. not to exceed 10 hrs in a 24 hr period)
- Layover ($100 after a 24 hr period- allowed 50 miles)
- Detention ($20/hr after 2 hrs for majority of customers)
- Referral bonuses after referred applicant works for 90 days
- Fuel bonus= earn an additional cpm if exceed baseline truck/ transmission MPG averages; paid quarterly.
If you do not qualify as an Experienced Driver, we have the following paid training options:
Paid training programs are available ranging from 1-3 weeks for those that do not have 1 year of verifiable experience. You will be paid $600/week while training. After training is complete you will start at .43 cpm as stated above.
To qualify you must have a minimum of 4-11 months experience in the past 3 yearsor1 year of verifiable experience in the past 5 years.
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as
- $68.75 per week for family
- $27.90 per week for unmarried individuals
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Profit Sharing and 401(k) plans
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Uniform program- Averitt will provide
- Credit union
- Rider program (legal spouse only)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness programs available
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for local, dedicated and leadership positions - we promote from within!
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and most meals
- Referral Rewards Program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Must be 21 years of age
- 1 year of verifiable tractor-trailer experience within past 3 years (must include at least 1 month of flatbed and/or curtain-side trailer experience) or a minimum of 4 months verifiable tractor/trailer experience within the past 3 years or 1 year verifiable tractor/trailer experience within the past 5 years
- Must have a Class A CDL
- No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI or DWI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations for a moving violation within the past 5 years
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following tooclosely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with a fatality)
- No more than 1 moving violation within the past 12 months
- No more than 2 moving violations within the past 3 years
- Load freight -lift requirement: 80 lbs
- Unload freight - lift requirement: 80 lbs
- Move freight - lift requirement: 54 lbs
- Lift and move side kits -lift requirements: 46 lbs
- Lift tarp - lift requirement: 110 lbs
- Apply and remove tarp(s) on load
- Secure load with chains and hardware -lift requirements: 80 lbs
- Climb onto and off of the flatbed trailer/load
- Count freight
- Complete fuel tickets
- Complete delivery receipt
- Hook/Unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Extensive travel - ability to sit upright for extended periods of time.
- Regular predictable attendance
- Fuel trucks
- To start your application now, click APPLY