Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Women in Trucking (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking-17/)
-   -   Carrying a gun on the Truck (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking/18630-carrying-gun-truck.html)

terrylamar 10-21-2006 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr
Here we go again-Yes it's a Constitutional right but unless you're a O/O your Rights are what the company you drive for say they are and you're gonna have to search long and hard trying to find many that will allow you to carry.

Whether or not the company you work for will allow you to carry or not is not an issue with me. Either they allow it or they don't. Either you comply with their policies or you don't. You don't have to work for any particular employer, the choice is yours. This is a whole separate issue than the Constitutional Right. Employers are not bound by the Second Admendment. The Government is. This is one reason this thread keeps going on, not every one is informed and missinformation keeps being reported as fact. Obviously, not every one has read the prior post or prior post have been wrong.

dk132 10-21-2006 02:24 AM

Im just going to watch this one tonight 8)

Bigmon 10-21-2006 02:53 AM

I suppose the guy robbing you has a permit to carry? I say light him up and let the jury decide. BTW...you all assume your gonna get caught...not everyone does.

yoopr 10-22-2006 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrylamar
Quote:

Here we go again-Yes it's a Constitutional right but unless you're a O/O your Rights are what the company you drive for say they are and you're gonna have to search long and hard trying to find many that will allow you to carry.

Whether or not the company you work for will allow you to carry or not is not an issue with me. Either they allow it or they don't. Either you comply with their policies or you don't. You don't have to work for any particular employer, the choice is yours. This is a whole separate issue than the Constitutional Right. Employers are not bound by the Second Admendment. The Government is. This is one reason this thread keeps going on, not every one is informed and missinformation keeps being reported as fact. Obviously, not every one has read the prior post or prior post have been wrong.

You know I'm agreeing with you on this whole thing with the exception of carrying in a Truck.
In all my years, I'm repeating myself here, of driving, Since '78, I've delivered and picked up in some of the nastiest gang banger parts of town without carrying and haven't had a problem. I might have wished at the time I did but there wasn't a need.

JBenson2 10-22-2006 09:18 PM

Yoopr said:
Quote:

I've delivered and picked up in some of the nastiest gang banger parts of town without carrying and haven't had a problem. I might have wished at the time I did but there wasn't a need.
Did you carry anything else? Did you bring Pepper Spray or something similar? The tool kit and tire thumper can be helpful if you can get to it in time.

terrylamar 10-22-2006 10:12 PM

[quote="yoopr
You know I'm agreeing with you on this whole thing with the exception of carrying in a Truck.
In all my years, I'm repeating myself here, of driving, Since '78, I've delivered and picked up in some of the nastiest gang banger parts of town without carrying and haven't had a problem. I might have wished at the time I did but there wasn't a need.[/quote]

But have you needed your weapon, say, going to the grocery store, the mall, bar-b-quing in the backyard or any other time.? By your logic then, you never need it, so you shouldn't ever carry. That is your decission, I have no problem with it. The one remote time you will need it, you will not be prepared. My biggest complaint is why do you want to prevent me for carrying? I've carried and been around guns all my life, it has been about 40 years and I have never gotten pissed off at anyone and murdered them. I suspect I will never murder anyone. If I feel the need, I can always pick up a rock. It is quiter, no gpr either.

yoopr 10-22-2006 11:09 PM

you must have mixed me up with someone else because NOWHERE in all my posts on this Did I say "I'm trying to Prevent you"??
I've been around guns and Weapons since I was a Little kid too and I think it must have been longer cuz I'm guessing I'm older than you.
About "Not being Prepared" I'm ALWAYS prepared. that was part of my military training.

terrylamar 10-23-2006 12:25 AM

Quote:

you must have mixed me up with someone else because NOWHERE in all my posts on this Did I say "I'm trying to Prevent you"??
I've been around guns and Weapons since I was a Little kid too and I think it must have been longer cuz I'm guessing I'm older than you.
About "Not being Prepared" I'm ALWAYS prepared. that was part of my military training.

I can find it if you wish, your comment about the two trukers mixing it up on the CB and one shooting another citing this as an example of why it is not a good idea for weapons in trucks. I'm 50, I doubt you are much older than me.

yoopr 10-23-2006 02:37 AM

yep I'm older-FInd the comment that I said I'm "Preventing" you from carrying.
Not too much worse than somebody putting words in my mouth.

terrylamar 10-23-2006 02:44 AM

Quote:

yep I'm older-FInd the comment that I said I'm "Preventing" you from carrying.
Not too much worse than somebody putting words in my mouth.

yoopr wrote "I know of one ocassion when CB RAMBO pulled his truck off behind another truck, and put two pieces of 9MM lead into another driver.

Which proved my point on what I said on this Endless Thread many moons ago"