User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2007, 05:33 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Training Companies and Women

I've seen a number of women on here researching and posting about going off to training with some company or other and then...nothing. I'm hoping this doesn't mean they didn't make it. Maybe it's just that women get through it and go to work and don't spend a lot of time on here. I see so many posts from men about their training with various companies, but really don't see much from the women.

Are there any women who have gone through one of the training companies and have some feedback they'd like to share? What did you like, hate, what would you do differently, what advice would you give? Please tell who you trained with as well as the pros & cons and if you feel it was a good fit for you or not.

TIA

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-09-2007, 02:54 AM
Board Regular

I got my CDL seperate from Roehl. Went through their training program for the Evolution 1 and 2. First trainer was excellent and to this day remains a good friend and still gives me sound advice. Second trainer was far different and really beat me down in my confidence. Roehl is one of the few companies that has a female driver program and that along with location is why I went with them. I have heard good and bad from lady students as they come through. I have put up with a lot of crap my first year driving for them. As I finish up my 2nd year with them, I am starting to learn the ins and outs of the company. I have managed to get myself an outstanding DSR and work well with him. Any specific questions, please PM me with them. Have patience as I am out on the road with limited time in the evenings to answer questions.

Soladad
Truck 5437
Old 09-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Soladad,

Thank you for the detailed response since your company is one that I am seriously considering. I'm not just jumping into this. My Dad and Uncles have been driving since the '60's so I am pretty familiar with the job and the Industry and have people I trust to give me info. However they are all O/O's and I want to go the company route, for awhile anyway.

Thank you for the invitation to PM with questions, as I have them I will take you up on that!

RD

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Board Regular

I'd be interested to hear about training issues and experiences from a womans perspective also.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:07 AM
Rookie

I would give it a good shot , R is dedicated to recrute more and more. being a female is so carpe dome now. But will forwarn ya they will intend you to fail as being female and you need to just hold on tight, give sass and just give it all