User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2006, 01:53 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicxl
the freedom to bear arms but honestly tell me you want every truck driver in america to carry a gun. Who is going to do the training to prepare people who have never fired a weapon in there lives. Then you have a whole bunch of folks who dont believe in firearms so how do they protect themselves. Crime is not that rampant at truckstops just to many stories being embelleshed by others
There are plenty of firearm training courses and instructors that can teach ppl to shoot guns. That "whole" bunch of ppl that dont beleive in firearms DONT protect themselves...there may come a time when u wish u could protect yourself...a time when ur tire thumper and ur dog just arent enough. I dont carry cause im scared i carry to protect myself. Like Terry said "You carry insurance on your vehicle, are you "scared" you are going to get in an accident?" Think of a gun as "life insurance" There will come a day when u change your mind about this!!!
Old 10-05-2006, 01:59 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicxl
There is no reason to be carrying a gun on a truck. You what you have tire thumper baseball bat whatever lock your doors get a dog and if your still scared your in the wrong profession
If a tire thumper and a dog are enough then why arent our troops over in iraq carrying them instead of guns??? It would be alot cheaper...it would save us some tax dollars.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemX
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
You really don't think those aren't carrying anyway, do you? You are much safer on the road because bad guys think you may be carrying. You are deriving the benifits from the actions of the ones that do carry. You are safer because of them. Have you hugged your gun today?
They were not worried about me carrying when they robbed me in my truck twice...Ive never been robbed at home...but either way I feel alot better carrying at home and on the road.
There are plenty of statistics about firearms used in crimes. There are no statistics about firearms being use to prevent crimes. I cannot prove it, but I believe that firearms prevent far more crimes than they are used in crimes. Even antigunners benifit from those who carry guns. A criminal does not know who or who does not have a gun. I wish every antigun person would put up signs indicating their choice not to carry or own firearms. I think they would change their minds rather quickly.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:06 AM
Rookie

Heh here is another 1 they were talking about due to the rash of school shootings lately allowing teachers to carry firearms in school. Think that is a good idea as well?

I carried a gun for 14 months in iraq and had to use it twice. Whether or not i was accurate never will know. It was company policy that if you were in the firefight you didnt handle cleanup sweeps. But as such i dont feel threatened very much at all this job is relatively calm. I choose not to ven own a gun now.. If company gives me a load to an unsafe area i refuse to transport it until its daylight.At safer times. If is still unsafe i call shipper andpossibly the local police. Most of the time they will dispatch a car or 2 to the general area. If still fell unsafe dont deliver. find another job.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldierontheroad
Heh here is another 1 they were talking about due to the rash of school shootings lately allowing teachers to carry firearms in school. Think that is a good idea as well?

I carried a gun for 14 months in iraq and had to use it twice. Whether or not i was accurate never will know. It was company policy that if you were in the firefight you didnt handle cleanup sweeps. But as such i dont feel threatened very much at all this job is relatively calm. I choose not to ven own a gun now.. If company gives me a load to an unsafe area i refuse to transport it until its daylight.At safer times. If is still unsafe i call shipper andpossibly the local police. Most of the time they will dispatch a car or 2 to the general area. If still fell unsafe dont deliver. find another job.
Well some people cant afford to wait till daylight. I have 4 mouths to feed!!! Why go through the trouble of calling the police to send a car (and then wait till they get there) when u can just pack a pistol and be on your way!!! You may NEVER get robbed but theres always a chance, and when your staring down the barrel of a gun getting robbed and all that goes through your head is "will I ever see my family again" YOU WILL CHANGE YOUR MIND!!! Ive had it happen twice!!! Carrying a gun doesnt mean your "scared" its to protect yourself. You dont have auto insurance because your scared to drive do you??? No...its to protect you financialy in case of a wreck. Carrying a gun is like life insurance!!! Like I always say "Better Safe, Than Sorry"...Id rather carry a gun and be safe than be on the wrong end of a gun and be sorry!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 01:58 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I've got plenty of Weapons but have Never carried in my Truck. I've been to some of the Nastiest and Dirtiest places in Cities and Since I've driven since '78 I've NEVER had a Problem so the Scare Tactic won't work or Wash.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Senior Board Member

no trucker except in rare circumstance needs a firearm in their vehicle you already have an 80000 pound bullett. Speaking as someone whos had a gun put to me on several occasions(not trucking) its a horrible experience but i also realize that if i had had my glock with me at the time of one of the occasions it would have been legaly justified and their would be a few 14 year old teenagers lying in a casket. but on the other hand i started carrying a glock displayed and didnt get robbed any more at that place of business.
Im all for other devices for cmv heavy gloves, tasers but no firearms the state of mind most truckdrivers r in aftr being away from home awile, is not one in which a quick lethal decision schould be made. guns r fine for homes personal vehicles by all means shoot a intruder to your house or a car jacker
Cb radios i used to think were a good thing but after ditching mine. my reaction time has improved while driving. this forces one to pay attention.
and clearly cuminicate their intentions. just my 2 cents
Old 10-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Default My Cousin was an Attorney In Tacoma Wash.

Its not really to savvy to carry! my cousin states..
1. You need a Permit For Each State To Carry!
2 Not! all states allow people to carry'
3 If you discharge that firearm and Kill or Hit an Innocent Person.
You are more then likely to be charged and a Law Suit Filed'
Maybe a' Mill In Paying That Person or The Family'
My Cousin was one of Washingtons Top Attorneys'
His Co Counsel a Washington State Rep In Olympia.
From 1988 - 1990.

His Comments On ' Guns On Trucks' Roco
Old 10-21-2006, 12:37 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: My Cousin was an Attorney In Tacoma Wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roco
Its not really to savvy to carry! my cousin states..
1. You need a Permit For Each State To Carry!
2 Not! all states allow people to carry'
3 If you discharge that firearm and Kill or Hit an Innocent Person.
You are more then likely to be charged and a Law Suit Filed'
Maybe a' Mill In Paying That Person or The Family'
My Cousin was one of Washingtons Top Attorneys'
His Co Counsel a Washington State Rep In Olympia.
From 1988 - 1990.

His Comments On ' Guns On Trucks' Roco
Then he might go back to law school. Not every statement above is the law. You do not need a permit from each state to carry in that state. Your licensing state and the other state may have a recipricol agreement, heck some states have a unilateral agreement. With licenses from just two states you can carry in over half the states, legally. In answer to number three, go get the proper training and use common sense and simply don't shoot the wrong person. If you shoot the wrong person you should be charged. Along with the right to carry comes resposibility. If you can't handle the job, don't carry. For the rest of use can carry responsibly, do so, it is a Constitutional Right. This still is the United States of America, right?
Old 10-21-2006, 02:07 AM
Board Icon

Here we go again-Yes it's a Constitutional right but unless you're a O/O your Rights are what the company you drive for say they are and you're gonna have to search long and hard trying to find many that will allow you to carry.