User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2014, 06:36 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up US Truck Driving School - Wheat Ridge, Colorado (Denver area) - A+ Experience

I attended there and had an A+ experience. 5 stars. Staff and Instructors are all knowledegeable and professional.

US Truck Driving School - Truck Driving School Colorado - - US Truck

They dont set you up for failure, they make sure you know everything you need to know to pass your tests.

They grill you for a week in the classroom, and then you get out in the yard and start learning how to drive big trucks.

Class is 16 actual days.
wk 1 - Mon thru Sat
wk 2 - Mon thru Fri
wk 3 - Mon Fri

10 hours a day. 160 hours total.

week 1
classroom - days 1-4.
yard driving - days 5-6
Double clutching - days 5-6
shifting/rpms - days 5-6
upshifting/downshifting and selector switch - days 5-6
basic turning - days 5-6

Week 2
Tower Rd introductory driving/Highway Practice - day 7-8
Drive Colfax from east Aurora to West Golden (Day 9)
Mountain Driving Practice - Day 10
Random City Driving, side streets, industrial areas, highways, railyard. - Day 11

Week 3
straight backing - days 12-14
offset backing - days 12-14
sight/blind parallel parking - days 12-14
alley docking - days 12-14
trailer backing - days 12-14
daily pre-trip testing practice
testing - Day 15
graudation Day 16

They teach you the basics of what you need to know to pass your CDL test. the rest is up to the company you end up working for to teach you.

I had a fun time at this school. All the instructors were great. They helped me build my confidence and eased my fears. I would recommend this school to anyone. It is a very good school.

The instructors are very disciplined and demanding. They grill you daily about the pre-trip, they demand you memorize everything. Lots and lots of repetition on everything.

9.9/10 on the rating I gave them.

They also have companies come in while you are in class and talk to you. I had two offers before the end of my first week. I took a job with one of the offers.

p.s. take your permit test BEFORE you start going to class there. It will help you out big time. they will give you a voucher for your DOT Physical and a place to go to get it.

I also recommend picking up the Colorado CDL Manual from the driver's license bureau before you go. it's helpful in the classroom portion of your training.

$3995 if you pay cash or finance it through your own bank and take them a check.

$5995 if you finance through them.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:25 PM

Thanks for Posting this Job and I would like to update you now a days in USA most of transportations and logistics companies hiring truck drivers and paying better salary
Old 05-10-2015, 09:21 PM
Rookie

I ain't suprised a bit. If you go to the Truck Driving Schools in Colorado page at Truck Driving Schools Info you'll see that the school got a 4.5 star rating. They're obviously doing something rite.