User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2011, 06:37 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Refresher Course Offered????

I have my CDL and but been away from the truck for 10 years. I need a refresher course and was wondering if any of the schools in the southern Cal, specifically San Diego area offer a refresher course???
Old 09-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Rookie

I dont know about in that area. But, Located in Lakewood Wa. I know of one. Commercial Driver Services. You can find them on the web. I recently went through the school to get my CDL A and my experience was great. They use KW's and Volvo's and 48' trailers...unlike others that teach you on 28'. They also have free onsite housing.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:46 PM

I was in your situation about 7 years ago. I called TMC, they said if I would find an approved school, pay my way through, they'd honor the time and reimburse up to $800 after hire. I found a school, spent a week there, the instructor cut me loose after a successful drive test after 5 days fooling around in a truck and a few written tests and $500 and TMC, initially road tested me, then put me in their experienced driver orientation (3 days, I think, then out with a trainer for 2 weeks (I had no flatbed experience at that time))

Of course the Schneiders and JB Hunts have "refresher courses" too, I believe. You'll just have to prove you can drive a truck very well, in a safe manner, and they will determine how much OTJ training time you can skip over.

Tags
driving school, refresher, san diego