User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2011, 04:25 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default What if you pass the driving test but fail the physical?

Would you have to take the entire driving course over again once you fix your heath issues or just have to pass the physical?
Having to go thru the entire training again just doesn't seem to make sense.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:35 AM

Are you talking about a driving school? It would seem they would require a physical as a pre-requisite for the training portion but I would think either you passed the driving portion or you didn't, if you did, I see no reason why you'd have to do the course again. (I'm assuming this is not a drug detection failure or apparent falsification of a medical questionaire?) I'd voice a serious gripe if they tried to make you pay for the course and re-do the course again due to a failed physical. Just know that any carrier you apply to will again run you through their own physical, and more than likely it will be more "demanding" and less "forgiving". Some physicals can be very physically demanding, depending on the type of driving position applying for.

Last edited by rkeck; 09-12-2011 at 12:38 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:02 AM
Rookie

You are required to be physically able to drive before attending any driving school. Which means that you will have to produce a long form physical and a learners permit. Some driving schools will not take you in if you have to many tickets, wrecks, recent DUI's, and seven years on Felony convictions. The reason for this is that trucking companies can't get insurance on you if your driving record or your health is impaired. Driving schools knowing this won't accept your application and take your money because they know that no one will hire you. Driving academies that take in students knowing this are just ripping you off. All major trucking companies used only accredited driving school graduates and if you can't prove that you graduated from one of these schools then good luck maybe getting a job with some farmer that lets you drive trucks on his farm. They go by lesser rules and those trucks have to have the farm tag and are not allowed on Interstate roads, so basically you go out of one field and go a few miles and enter another. But why would anyone that can't pass a physical want to operate something that can kill you or others, trucking is serious business, it's just not driving to uncle fred's house for a couple hours and back home in the sack. Take care of your health get within the federal guidelines so that you can be safe, attend an accredited driving school, and then you will know the meaning when they say : Aim HiGh
Old 09-15-2011, 01:05 AM

Thanks for the advice. Yea I decided to get my hernia operation done next month, heal up, then go to school.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:18 AM
Senior Board Member

good deal, probably for the best, not to much required usually but I have been put in the back of, and had to unload a trailer full of tires. Not something I think you wanna do in your present condition