User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default DCTC in Mpls./St. Paul

Is anyone familiar with, or attended, Dakota County Technical College in Rosemount, MN? I am strongly considering signing up with them and would like any feedback I can get.

They are a state school and document that they cover everything, even anti-jacknife training! They also give 320 hours of behind the wheel time, twice the minimum 160! I was quite impressed when I visited the facility. The instructors seemed pretty cool... I walked away with an overall pretty good feeling about DCTC. I also feel that the $4800 tuition seems a good value, based upon the comprehensive training that they offer, which pretty much covers everything that any company could throw at a new student driver.

Would you agree with my first overall impressions? Do you think attending a school like this would help an intelligent student land a good first job with a company like Crete/Schaffer, along with a driver referral? Or, are they overpriced and overkill? Any other thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Safe travels!