User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Colorado Schools

Hey everybody, so yesterday I went to the local SAGE school and was not impressed with it at all. So doing some further looking I found there are 2 other schools in CO and was just wondering if anyone on here has attended them and what they thought of the training. The schools are United States Truck Driving School or National Truck & Heavy Equipment. As I was unable to find anything for either school using the search function I doubt I will get a lot of answers but thought I would at least ask.

FYI: My situation is I have to get the job before going to the school. And the guy that lives above me went to one of them after going to work with Warner (Not my first choice if they are the only company but can't really be too picky either.)

Thanks in advance
Old 08-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Rookie
Default I went to Sage

2 1/2 years ago I went to Sage in Henderson Co. I was impressed by the school. Admissions, the teachers, the trucks, and testing all went as expected and as promised by Sage. I had plenty of job offers by the 4th week. I don't know of any company that's gonna hire you before you go to school other than if you sign onto a trucking company that will put you through their own internal school. You end up paying off the school as you work for them. I think that's how it works.

After completing Sage I went to Arrow. I ended up leaving Arrow within months. I got a local job driving a mixer truck. I've been with them for 2 years. Hope this helps. If not, let me know.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the response razingkane. I'm sure they are a good school as so many have said nothing but good things about them. The reason I wasn't impressed with them was I just showed up for their tour as they advertise on their website. All they did was take me into an office and talk to me about how I could get money to attend their school. I mean the guy told me to look into WIA even after I told him I currently have a semi good paying job. That is why I wasn't impressed but there was only one person there that day and he didn't sound interested in wanting to put up with someone who can't afford it (This is all IMHO.) If I were to attend a school on my own dime then I would have to give up my place and live in my 4 wheeler for a few months and I wont do that until March of next year. I also have some other things to take care of such as getting in some kind of shape and have some dental work done as well. Right now I was just looking to see if there was a school that trained people for companies in my area. Am planning on going and check out the other schools to see if they have something but in the mean time looking at Central Ref or Watkins Shepard right now.

Again thanks for the response.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:16 PM

Hey Turox
We pretty much got the same treatment in SLC. Wife and I went there to check it out after making an appointment with them for them to train both of us, so we were talking about laying out some serious $. We were taken into the office, talked to, told about the companies that hire from them like werner, etc. No tour of the place, didn't get to look at the equipment, etc.
Kinda disappointing for a school that is supposed to have such a good reputation.
We are now planning on Central Tech in Okla.
BOL, there are more than one way to skin that cat!! lol
Old 09-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Rookie

Turox have you heard anything else about United States Truck Driving School in Colorado Springs?

I am thinking about going there myself.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Rookie

Hi Dan, no I haven't heard anything about that school. I live on the north side of Denver so wasn't really looking at schools down there. Go to this website it lists all the schools that teach CDL in Colorado and some of them have a website where you can check them out. http://www.motorsportsemployment.com...g_schools.html

I don't have the money to pay for this myself and would rather have a job first before going to school. Have been to a few schools already so that makes me weary about them all.

I still have a little more time (as much as I want really, but looking at doing this around the 1st of 2008 or so.) So I'm still researching companies and trying to figure out if there is more than 1 truck stop in this state.

BOL
Old 12-08-2009, 06:32 AM
Rookie