User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default ANY ONE AT CENTRAL TECH DRUMRIGHT OK

HI EVERY ONE IN HERE DO ANY ATTEND CENTRAL TECH WHEN DO THE CLASS START 7AM OR 8AM WHEN DO YOU CLOSE FOR THE DAY ON AN AVERAGE..
Old 05-19-2007, 05:18 AM
Board Regular
Default 0:Dark Thirty

I am there now started last Wed. The classes start at 7 am. With 2 exceptions,(I think) 2 nights of nighttime driving gets you a 8 am start the next day. 1-Hour for lunch a couple breaks here and there. I was surprised at how strict they were. Shirts tucked in, no hat in building, refer to all staff and teachers as; Mr. and Ms. and several other ground rules. PM if you need more info.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:39 AM
Senior Board Member

yes Central Tech is strict ... but they have a standard to withhold as well as once you start in the real world of trucking ... respecting and obeying rules should be something easy you do.... there's alot of companys that expect certain things out of a driver before stepping on their dock and companys that will expect more out of you than Central Tech does.... Just be glad that you've attended one of the better schools around.

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 05-22-2007, 03:12 AM
Board Regular
Default Hey NE Okie neighbor

Hey roses long time no chat. No I was not complaning of the strictness. Wasw just surprised. I have worn a uniform and been a civil servant for many years, my father was a career Army man. Just a little surprised at what is like here as opposed to what you actually see at truck stops and such. Shorts, sandals, etc. I am seeing that the front office is a little "Crystal Palace" like. The instructor comes intothe class room a lot with the phrase, "its been brought to my attention ...."
By the way Roses you told me to get a Antiques and More duplex. Well they sold them all to by the old Hospital. It is alright but it is a work in progress. But all the staff is wonderful. Kind of a clever idea if you think about it. Individual rooms, showers, kitchen, lounges. Also gives A&More a place to put some unique furniture items and decor. I actually got to move the truck 6 inches today. 8) 8) 8) Could not get the chock block out, instructor told me to pull up, so I took full advantage of the 6 inches. The school and instructors is top notch. This is theplace to go if
people are wanting to learn it and learn it right. I maybe able to post a little more as they have just gotten the internet connection fixed here, so I do not have to go down to the pizza place. Plus we have gotten web cams so the wife and kids and I can see each other in the evening. That is going to be great Better go hit the books one more time before bed.