User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2006, 04:06 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default CDL School at ACC, Austin, TX (International Schools)

Any one attended this school? It is only a couple of miles away. It is devided into two, two week sections Mon - Fri, no weekends. Both classes together cost $3,500.00. It is not a sponsered school, I have a prehire from TMC. I was planning on paying for my schooling up front. Since it is only a couple of miles away I plan on going and observing and maybe talk to some of the students and instructors. of allowed.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:45 PM
Rookie
Default Trucking School

I did not go to the school, but I used to pass by the parking lot where they would practice maneuvering. I attended the school in the waco area. From what I gathered from the rep at ACC when I was planning to go there, they have a good program with instructors dedicated to helping you learn. A lot of your driving success will be a direct result of the teaching you receive in school.
Good luck to you.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:02 AM
Senior Board Member

I decided to attend this school. For convienence more than anything else. From what I gather on these boards, the school can only take you so far, then your trainer takes over. At the least I will get a CDL with all endorsements and the piece of paper out of it. That seems to be all that anyone cares about. Not that I'm saying that this isn't a decent school.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:00 PM
Rookie
Default ACC trucking school

yeah, I guess you are right. I was going to attend there also until the rep starting talking about the cost of the school and that they had a special program set up with Wells Fargo Bank and if you met the requirements they would finance the schooling for you. I declined that and went to school in Waco under the WIA.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:01 PM
Rookie

yeah, I guess you are right. I was going to attend there also until the rep starting talking about the cost of the school and that they had a special program set up with Wells Fargo Bank and if you met the requirements they would finance the schooling for you. I declined that and went to school in Waco under the WIA.
Rookie

Rookie

Old 09-29-2006, 07:42 PM
Senior Board Member

It is only about 5 to 6 miles for the classroom portion and about three for the driving portion from where I live. They seem to use older trucks. They hold their classes to about 12 students. Tuition is $3,500.00 which seems to be about right. I seen tuition listed as much cheaper in places far from here and more expensive. So I guess it will be about average. Anyway, I get to sleep in my own bed at night. It doen't seem to be a CDL mill type school. There has to be a number of graduates over the years, yet no one responded to this post. Either they are too busy working or they don't know about CAD. Maybe we ought to have a recruiting drive. I know this site has been extremely benifecial to me. I side stepped a lot of pitfalls. It is much better than sitting at a truck stop trying to talk to drivers.