User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2006, 04:24 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Pine Bluff Trucking School???

Any info on this school?Any good?Any info would be great.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:06 PM
Senior Board Member

i dont know where you live but a community college trains also and they are ALOT cheaper
Old 09-24-2006, 11:19 PM
Rookie
Default Re: Pine Bluff Trucking School???

Quote:
Originally Posted by plcj80
Any info on this school?Any good?Any info would be great.
I went to that school and it was a good school, when you first get there you look at the place like is this really a good place to get your CDL but it really is. You got Vanita, Ms. Linda,who teaches and knows alot about driving then you got Buddy, who will test you at the end of your 3 weeks, the only thing that I didn't like is that you had to go to FFE in order to pay for your school but I didn't go, I work for Groendyke Transport a tanker company out of Enid, OK, and I pay them back every month but it's a reall good school.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:48 PM
Board Regular
Default goodluck

good luck
Old 09-26-2006, 03:44 AM
Rookie
Default thanks for all the info

the VA is paying 4 my tution so i dont have to sign a contract and i get to pick what company i work with and dont have to worry about paying it back.im seriously looking at us xpress and Maverick.I have also looked at Coventant trans.Oh BIGBRELAND is Buddy a good guy?Do u like working for Groendyke?
Old 10-08-2006, 08:42 PM
Board Regular

The school is ok.........get ready to work 5-5 7 days a week, thats the only way they can cram at the skills into you in a 3 week stay.

best of luck
Old 10-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Rookie
Default Unimpressed with Pine Bluff

Just returned safely having survived my own "Pine Bluff" misadventure. Already having my CDL I thought a refresher was in order before hitting the roads again. First day there my instructor was an inmate on work release. He turned out to be the best instructor I had with the exception of Jesse. Second day I had an instructor who mysteriously vanished the next day after we had learned she was arrested in possession of crack. 3rd day I had an instructor who was fired the next day for his open an honest bashing of the school and staff. 4th day I had an instructor who was 78 years old and nearly caused serious injury to me on 2 occasions. All of the students witnessed the events which the instructor of course denied. This was in the same week that a student had an accident on the highway which sent 3 elderly folks to the hospital in serious condition due to instructor error. Ofcourse, the student was blamed and the first question from "Buddy" ( school v.p.) was "how's my truck?". None of their vehicles would ever pass the pre trip inspections, yet we're asked to pre trip and then drive the same vehicles on highway. Unreal!! The good news is that I'm "refreshed" and ready to drive, and that I survived my time in PB. The bad news is that many will leave their school never wanting to drive in this industry again from the bad experiences had in Pine Bluff. My advice while there is to always buckle up and write a will before you go!!
Old 10-09-2006, 11:51 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: Unimpressed with Pine Bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernlights
Just returned safely having survived my own "Pine Bluff" misadventure. Already having my CDL I thought a refresher was in order before hitting the roads again. First day there my instructor was an inmate on work release. He turned out to be the best instructor I had with the exception of Jesse. Second day I had an instructor who mysteriously vanished the next day after we had learned she was arrested in possession of crack. 3rd day I had an instructor who was fired the next day for his open an honest bashing of the school and staff. 4th day I had an instructor who was 78 years old and nearly caused serious injury to me on 2 occasions. All of the students witnessed the events which the instructor of course denied. This was in the same week that a student had an accident on the highway which sent 3 elderly folks to the hospital in serious condition due to instructor error. Ofcourse, the student was blamed and the first question from "Buddy" ( school v.p.) was "how's my truck?". None of their vehicles would ever pass the pre trip inspections, yet we're asked to pre trip and then drive the same vehicles on highway. Unreal!! The good news is that I'm "refreshed" and ready to drive, and that I survived my time in PB. The bad news is that many will leave their school never wanting to drive in this industry again from the bad experiences had in Pine Bluff. My advice while there is to always buckle up and write a will before you go!!

Hey i just grad last week.....i must know you....i remember talking to someone from Tx/Alaska......is it Bill?
Old 11-05-2006, 03:28 AM
Rookie

I graduated from Pine Bluff Truck Driving School on October 5, 2006.
There was some weird stuff that went on there and I was involved in the wreck that happened that sent 3 elderly people to the hospital. But all in all I would do it all over again. I am in my 4th week of training for FFE Transportation. All I want to do is drive a truck. I love the way it feels.
I really do not know what the future holds but I will stay with FFE until my year is over and my loan is paid for school.

I met 18 people in my graduating class that I will never forget. We all went in together and we all graduated together. We have lost a few since going to FFE but all in all it was one of the best experiences I have had this year. Brenda is the best instructor at the school. I will never forget her.

Hey Bill, it was nice to see your post.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:24 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
There was some weird stuff that went on there and I was involved in the wreck that happened that sent 3 elderly people to the hospital.
OK, I am curious now............

So what was the weird stuff?

And what happened with this wreck?