User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 12:56 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default greenville sc school

i will be attending greenville tech in august anyone here anything from this school how hard is the sc cdl tests written and driven
Old 09-29-2006, 01:23 AM

well so far so good for me i got my permit 6 weeks ago with all endorsements and this week comeing well be doing testing in my school this school is a little over doing it you need to alley back with 1 pull up and you need to pre trip the whole truck at 100 percent 1 mistake and you dont graduate also if you pass those and you think you passed with your road test and everything else skills and such you cant fail there final exam written test 100 questions shift patterns to all there trucks wich they have you driveing 10 over nine over straight nine 7 speed straight 10 kenworth peterbuilt freightshaker volvo you dont no wich you your gonna get to take your pretrip on they all have different engines cat cummins and such ill tell you this is a college course and these people dont mess around it is a nine week course m t w t 8 oclock to 430 but starting october 5 to the 9 th well be driveing from 5 pm to midnight make 40 mile trips from greenville to jallapa sc of 26 south if you really want a challange this school is crazy
Old 09-29-2006, 01:25 AM

if you dont pass the final no matter how you do you dont graduate u could have gotten 100 on all your other test but if you dont pass there final its all for nothing
Old 10-04-2006, 03:02 AM

well passed a;ll i needed to passs but my final written exam will be thursday at 900 100 questions iv passed everything else
Old 10-10-2006, 04:51 PM

now we started our night driveing we were out till 1am yesterday i think this is kind of crazy considering were starting our dot cdl tests next week and i think we should be putting our time to passing this test instead of driveing 2.30 hr roundtips to nowwere in sc i have to say this school needs to get priorties straight
Old 10-16-2006, 12:09 AM

well i passed everything and got my highway watch card the otherday looking forward to my test with dot for my license on thursday they will be testing me at my school one of the instructors are certified with the dot i cant wait to test ive been waiting for this day since june they told all of us not to let our nreves get the best of us and just relax
Old 10-19-2006, 12:56 AM
Rookie
Default So how did you do?

Hey I live in Greenville and have been thinking about going to Greenville tech for their truck driving school. So I would be interested in hearing how it goes for you.

Have any job prospects lined up yet? Have you ever done a ride along with a trucker to see how it was? Do they even offer that? Let me know what you think...Thanks
Old 10-19-2006, 02:22 AM

i would reccomend it they teach you how to drive trucks its not going to be easy youll learn in 9 and 10 and super 10 speed trucks all kinds freightliner kenworth volvo and petes this school is no joke if you want to learn to drive this is the place if your just looking to pass a cdl exam this school is not for you they a very strict they even have one week of class al night driveing to like 100 am they run you to jalapa sc all that week with instructors youll always be with an instructor as for me i take my cdl test tomm the school will be testing me and yes they have a carrer day and a bultin board with job openings this is also 12 college credits if you graduate
Old 10-20-2006, 12:10 AM

ok i finally graduated this afternoon it was a real rough week strees wise and stuff well i thought i almost failed the skills i tried to put it in the hole twice i was not even close on my third time i got it in there and from there passed my driveing test i was so happy well today we got our diplomas and tomm i will be getting my pic taken for my new class a license and for anyone who wants to learn to drive a truck a reccomend tech you will not leave there unless you now how to safely operate a tractor trailer and this is the end of this 9 week course thank you all for so much info on this site it helped me out alot and ty