User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Anybody got a Logitech Z305?

Totally fed up with puny laptop speakers that I can't freakin' hear, I checked Amazon and it looks like Logitech has something almost everybody likes.

Amazon.com: Logitech USB Laptop Speaker Z305: Electronics

I'm thinking when (if) I get a few dollars ahead...

Anybody got the Z305? Care to review?
Old 07-28-2012, 05:32 AM
Senior Board Member

Well I thought I'd wait until I had some extra money but I use my laptop for gps and my 4 year old Logitech V20 speaker (only 1 still worked) quit on me so I placed my order for the Z305.

I think I'm going to be happy with these speakers. Music sounds a little thin but that's to be expected with 1" speakers. Movies sound good, in fact the speakers seem to be optimized for voice. Volume is adequate. In a quiet room I had to turn the volume down a couple of clicks to watch the Daily Show. In a noisy truck I can imagine myself wishing for more volume.

The design is good but not perfect. They clip onto the top of the screen and might even stay in place while going over minor bumps. But folding up the laptop with the speakers attached just ain't gonna work.

I'll probably post more after I've lived with these for a while. I'm thinking I'd rate them 3 1/2 stars out of 5. They're good for tv and movies but lack punch for music is my first impression.