Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: Dedicated Lane: Mansfield, OH to Charleston, SC Round Trip

  1. #1
    NoProblem is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    113

    Default Dedicated Lane: Mansfield, OH to Charleston, SC Round Trip

    We are looking for a Small Fleet, Independent, or an Owner Operator to join our company

    Dedicated lane picks on Tuesday in Mansfield, Oh.

    Delivers at 0900 on Wednesday in Charleston, SC, unload/reloads to Greensboro, NC for Thursday morning delivery, then reloads back to Mansfield, OH for the next Tuesday when the trip starts over again.

    Project will start in first week of December and run for one year.

    LANE WILL PAY APPROXIMATELY $2200 Per shipment.....dependent on if it's our trailer or yours.
    Round trip miles are 1451, and looking for 1 driver or 1 company to handle 1 shipment per week for one year.
    Lane requires a 53 foot dry van. We can provide a trailer if needed.


    Please email or call for consideration. 810 201 2388, hit # then 2319 ask for Steve.

    Owner Operators can fill out our online application at GT Worldwide Logistics.
    Raytrans Trucking, a division of GT Worldwide Logistics, Inc. has a terrific O/O program, including plates, Ins, Fuel Card, Advances ETC.
    We are an O/O based company and we know how to treat them!!

    Raytrans Trucking
    Contact Steve or Julie
    810-201-2388 # 2319
    Dedicated lane (one round trip per week for one year)
    $2200.00 per round trip

  2.  
  3. #2
    freebirdrfd's Avatar
    freebirdrfd is offline Senior Board Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    raynham massachusetts
    Posts
    997

    Default

    $1.52 a mile?? Lol, you better keep looking for a desperate fool. How many hours to get from OH To S.C.?
    "lady's and gentlemen, they call me freebird, that's right the legiondary freebird, and i'm back in town"

  4. #3
    NoProblem is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Oh that's right - I forgot it costs $3.00/mile to run a truck, but only for those who can't add lol

    Lets see........1450 miles = 33 hour run @ 45mph avg and pays $2200 = $67/hour.
    Yep, I guess you'd have to be pretty desperate all right lol

    What was I thinking?

  5. #4
    LogBook's Avatar
    LogBook is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    152

    Default

    heres the problum, in your plan you are useing the truck for 3days and storing in it for 4days (laod tuesday-emty tuesday) if you could make two loops a week your numbers would look better. for exsample est. of my rate. trk=1.26 mile@1450=1824 driver 500.00 day for 3days rate 1500.00 thats 3324.00 or 2.29 a mile. we still have 4days the trk or driver is getting nothing but you have a stotreg. i will charge 300-500 a day every day im under someones load.so i will be nice and go the lower rate for you at 300.00 @4 days =1200 + 3324=4524 or 3.12 a mile. i have a ref. so my trk rate are a little higher then a dry box would be. take a look at my numbers pay should never be based on cpm

    if you could get 2loops a week 2900 miles trk @ 1.26=3654 driver(im gana split the rate @400.00 6days and 300.for the 7th day)=2700+3654=6354 or 2.19 a mile

    the trk alwas make the same, in 1 loop the driver/owner gets 2700, in the two loops i get 2700..........i may need to regosheate this.

  6. #5
    NoProblem is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Well, loading on Tuesday with a reload for return on Thursday means the driver gets back Friday, perhaps Saturday - depending on how the driver decides to drive. The O/Os I deal with who run dedicated want weekends off - that is their primary reason for why they run dedicated.

    This lane gives the driver a three day weekend off every week for a year while still pocketing over $1200 after fuel etc. every week for a year. If that's desperation, then so be it. If working 3 to 4 days a week for $1200 after fuel isn't good enough, then move along and feel free to find something better.

    This is a dedicated lane for a solo driver and by design builds in time off to the driver. Whoever wants to roll every day for the same money (give or take) feel free to do so OTR, - whoever wants to drop the loaded trailer, run some other freight for another day or two then hook back up and run this dedicated can do that as well..................that opportunity is always there for those drivers who don't want the time off all the time.

    Make no mistake about it -it pays well for what it is - a dedicated solo lane with a descent guaranteed income that lasts for a year.

  7. #6
    mgfg is offline Board Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoProblem View Post
    Make no mistake about it -it pays well for what it is - a dedicated solo lane with a descent guaranteed income that lasts for a year.
    Make no mistake about it-$1.52 is peanuts and that's what it is- a dedicated crap run from a broker that has NO concept about today's costs!

  8. #7
    NoProblem is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Good heavens, another idiot who thinks dedicated freight should pay him $5.00/mile to help cover his expenses.

    Make no mistake about it, if you cannot live on $1200/week for 4 days worth of work, then the crap is in your head.

  9. #8
    LogBook's Avatar
    LogBook is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    152

    Default

    noproblen

    i wasent trying to get down on yr offer, but at my trk rate 1.26 pm is what pays the trk/trl cost bases on 100,000 miles a yr ur talking 1450 miles a week times 52 weeks =75400 miles i would have to make 1.65 mile to pay the trk/trl bills. thats nothing to me, ya you find someone trk and traler in 100% paid and the overhead is much lower. im on the west coust so i wouyld never think about your ofer as a real thought i was just laying out some numbers. ofcoures i run ref as well otr. my nubers were to show you dont look a cpm to figer if it payes what you wont you must look at cost as well pofit and i think it was freebird i was directing things at for his coment.

  10. #9
    mgfg is offline Board Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoProblem View Post
    Good heavens, another idiot who thinks dedicated freight should pay him $5.00/mile to help cover his expenses.

    Make no mistake about it, if you cannot live on $1200/week for 4 days worth of work, then the crap is in your head.
    I'm not saying $5.00 a mile is needed but your rate is inadequate>dedicated freight or not. You're tieing up a trailer for the term of the contract or had you forgotten about that?

    Please, DON'T tell me what my expences are or aren't! I don't tell you how to run your business, keep your nose out of mine.

    ps:If you want to get into a name calling match.....

  11. #10
    cdreid is offline Board Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    381

    Default

    I dont think he gets it i think he believes oo's just want piles of money thrown at them.

    Noproblem the problem is you want to use someones trailer for storeage and not pay for it. The rate of 1.51 might be doable if the o/o is willing to live on the money a newbie trainee makes after taxes. Yes he can drop the trailer and run more.. so you basically want to provide a storeage trailer. Those things cost money... here are some numbers for you:

    Truck payment $300 week
    Ins/misc $250 week
    Fuel @ about .57 mile (7mpg) = 827.07
    Maint (too low actually) = $157
    Trailer - ????????????
    im missing things here but thats low.. for an oo who doesnt have health insurance for him or his family and is going to get NAILED come tax time.
    Thats $1534 a week. Pay 665.93 after expenses BEFORE taxes and doesnt include ther cost of the trailer you want for free.

  12. #11
    NoProblem is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LogBook View Post
    noproblen

    i wasent trying to get down on yr offer, but at my trk rate 1.26 pm is what pays the trk/trl cost bases on 100,000 miles a yr ur talking 1450 miles a week times 52 weeks =75400 miles i would have to make 1.65 mile to pay the trk/trl bills. thats nothing to me, ya you find someone trk and traler in 100% paid and the overhead is much lower. im on the west coust so i wouyld never think about your ofer as a real thought i was just laying out some numbers. ofcoures i run ref as well otr. my nubers were to show you dont look a cpm to figer if it payes what you wont you must look at cost as well pofit and i think it was freebird i was directing things at for his coment.
    I understand what you are saying and I agree with you.

  13. #12
    NoProblem is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mgfg View Post
    I'm not saying $5.00 a mile is needed but your rate is inadequate>dedicated freight or not. You're tieing up a trailer for the term of the contract or had you forgotten about that?

    Please, DON'T tell me what my expences are or aren't! I don't tell you how to run your business, keep your nose out of mine.

    ps:If you want to get into a name calling match.....
    I drove big truck for 5 years, managed a fleet of company trucks and now dispatch my own O/O trucks as well as broker freight - I know what expenses are.

    If tieing up a trailer for 3 or 4 days a week does not work for you, then it does not work for you - there are plenty of others who want the time off the road to spend at home - or are occasionally willing to drop the trailer and run a weekend shorty - - - I know plenty of drivers who are always seeking time off regardless of the trailer being empty or not.

    I have a *team* who enjoys a R/T 300 mile per day dedicated lane, I have others who enjoy being home every night so they only run local dedicated, and on and on - the list of lanes/preferences is endless. In the end, it is what it is - and it ain't for every one.

    FWIW, I manage our expedite division and when truckload carriers stumble onto freight lanes that pay expedite rates, it's only a matter of a very short time before those lanes turn into expedite lanes that pay truck load rates - in most cases, less.

    Such is not the case with the lane offered because it is long term, it is a scheduled and relatively easy lane far as that goes. No tolls, no low bridges, no touch, a solo can run legally etc. - as such, it's going to pay accordingly.

    Look at it for what it is, if you can make it work - then fine and good, if not, oh well.

  14. #13
    NoProblem is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdreid View Post
    I dont think he gets it i think he believes oo's just want piles of money thrown at them.

    Noproblem the problem is you want to use someones trailer for storeage and not pay for it. The rate of 1.51 might be doable if the o/o is willing to live on the money a newbie trainee makes after taxes. Yes he can drop the trailer and run more.. so you basically want to provide a storeage trailer. Those things cost money... here are some numbers for you:

    Truck payment $300 week
    Ins/misc $250 week
    Fuel @ about .57 mile (7mpg) = 827.07
    Maint (too low actually) = $157
    Trailer - ????????????
    im missing things here but thats low.. for an oo who doesnt have health insurance for him or his family and is going to get NAILED come tax time.
    Thats $1534 a week. Pay 665.93 after expenses BEFORE taxes and doesnt include ther cost of the trailer you want for free.

    You have a very high truck payment and high insurance payment too - IMO - either way since the offered rate is too low for you, then you certainly must currently run for more than $1.50/mile for all miles using someone elses trailer, maybe even 7 days a week - sounds like you have a good thing going already and you like to roll 7 days a week - I'd pass on this lane of I were you.

  15. #14
    NoProblem is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    113

    Default

    This lane has been covered - thanks for your interest!

  16. #15
    freebirdrfd's Avatar
    freebirdrfd is offline Senior Board Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    raynham massachusetts
    Posts
    997

    Default

    I didn't see anybody on here interested.
    "lady's and gentlemen, they call me freebird, that's right the legiondary freebird, and i'm back in town"

  17. #16
    chris1's Avatar
    chris1 is online now Senior Board Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Nobody noticed that he is a 55 Days to pay/B rated in ITS?

  18. #17
    NoProblem is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freebirdrfd View Post
    I didn't see anybody on here interested.

    Not surprising.

  19. #18
    GMAN's Avatar
    GMAN is offline Administrator Board Icon
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    16,301

    Default

    What he apparently doesn't seem to comprehend is that there are other costs involved in running a truck other than fuel.

  20. #19
    NoProblem is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
    What he apparently doesn't seem to comprehend is that there are other costs involved in running a truck other than fuel.
    I comprehend all the costs of operating the business of running a truck for profit.

    Odds are high that those who posted against the offered rate do not run for much over $1.10/mile for all miles themselves, probably less - and my guess is they take +2 months off each year already - much of that time off is at truck stops............and they could care less if their trailer is full or empty when they are on time off.

  21. #20
    chris1's Avatar
    chris1 is online now Senior Board Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    808

    Default

    My drivers run a 4 1/2 day turn,13-1400.00 week with paid medical benefits and and you think that amount is good for a truck?

  22. This ad will disappear if you login

 




Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1