User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 01:36 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Dedicated Lane: Mansfield, OH to Charleston, SC Round Trip

We are looking for a Small Fleet, Independent, or an Owner Operator to join our company

Dedicated lane picks on Tuesday in Mansfield, Oh.

Delivers at 0900 on Wednesday in Charleston, SC, unload/reloads to Greensboro, NC for Thursday morning delivery, then reloads back to Mansfield, OH for the next Tuesday when the trip starts over again.

Project will start in first week of December and run for one year.

LANE WILL PAY APPROXIMATELY $2200 Per shipment.....dependent on if it's our trailer or yours.
Round trip miles are 1451, and looking for 1 driver or 1 company to handle 1 shipment per week for one year.
Lane requires a 53 foot dry van. We can provide a trailer if needed.

Please email or call for consideration. 810 201 2388, hit # then 2319 ask for Steve.

Owner Operators can fill out our online application at GT Worldwide Logistics.
Raytrans Trucking, a division of GT Worldwide Logistics, Inc. has a terrific O/O program, including plates, Ins, Fuel Card, Advances ETC.
We are an O/O based company and we know how to treat them!!

Raytrans Trucking
Contact Steve or Julie
810-201-2388 # 2319
Dedicated lane (one round trip per week for one year)
$2200.00 per round trip
Old 11-24-2012, 01:49 PM
Senior Board Member

$1.52 a mile?? Lol, you better keep looking for a desperate fool. How many hours to get from OH To S.C.?
Old 11-24-2012, 01:58 PM

Oh that's right - I forgot it costs $3.00/mile to run a truck, but only for those who can't add lol

Lets see........1450 miles = 33 hour run @ 45mph avg and pays $2200 = $67/hour.
Yep, I guess you'd have to be pretty desperate all right lol

What was I thinking?
Old 11-24-2012, 08:47 PM

heres the problum, in your plan you are useing the truck for 3days and storing in it for 4days (laod tuesday-emty tuesday) if you could make two loops a week your numbers would look better. for exsample est. of my rate. trk=1.26 mile@1450=1824 driver 500.00 day for 3days rate 1500.00 thats 3324.00 or 2.29 a mile. we still have 4days the trk or driver is getting nothing but you have a stotreg. i will charge 300-500 a day every day im under someones load.so i will be nice and go the lower rate for you at 300.00 @4 days =1200 + 3324=4524 or 3.12 a mile. i have a ref. so my trk rate are a little higher then a dry box would be. take a look at my numbers pay should never be based on cpm

if you could get 2loops a week 2900 miles trk @ 1.26=3654 driver(im gana split the rate @400.00 6days and 300.for the 7th day)=2700+3654=6354 or 2.19 a mile

the trk alwas make the same, in 1 loop the driver/owner gets 2700, in the two loops i get 2700..........i may need to regosheate this.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:40 PM

Well, loading on Tuesday with a reload for return on Thursday means the driver gets back Friday, perhaps Saturday - depending on how the driver decides to drive. The O/Os I deal with who run dedicated want weekends off - that is their primary reason for why they run dedicated.

This lane gives the driver a three day weekend off every week for a year while still pocketing over $1200 after fuel etc. every week for a year. If that's desperation, then so be it. If working 3 to 4 days a week for $1200 after fuel isn't good enough, then move along and feel free to find something better.

This is a dedicated lane for a solo driver and by design builds in time off to the driver. Whoever wants to roll every day for the same money (give or take) feel free to do so OTR, - whoever wants to drop the loaded trailer, run some other freight for another day or two then hook back up and run this dedicated can do that as well..................that opportunity is always there for those drivers who don't want the time off all the time.

Make no mistake about it -it pays well for what it is - a dedicated solo lane with a descent guaranteed income that lasts for a year.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoProblem View Post
Make no mistake about it -it pays well for what it is - a dedicated solo lane with a descent guaranteed income that lasts for a year.
Make no mistake about it-$1.52 is peanuts and that's what it is- a dedicated crap run from a broker that has NO concept about today's costs!
Old 11-24-2012, 10:06 PM

Good heavens, another idiot who thinks dedicated freight should pay him $5.00/mile to help cover his expenses.

Make no mistake about it, if you cannot live on $1200/week for 4 days worth of work, then the crap is in your head.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:47 PM

noproblen

i wasent trying to get down on yr offer, but at my trk rate 1.26 pm is what pays the trk/trl cost bases on 100,000 miles a yr ur talking 1450 miles a week times 52 weeks =75400 miles i would have to make 1.65 mile to pay the trk/trl bills. thats nothing to me, ya you find someone trk and traler in 100% paid and the overhead is much lower. im on the west coust so i wouyld never think about your ofer as a real thought i was just laying out some numbers. ofcoures i run ref as well otr. my nubers were to show you dont look a cpm to figer if it payes what you wont you must look at cost as well pofit and i think it was freebird i was directing things at for his coment.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoProblem View Post
Good heavens, another idiot who thinks dedicated freight should pay him $5.00/mile to help cover his expenses.

Make no mistake about it, if you cannot live on $1200/week for 4 days worth of work, then the crap is in your head.
I'm not saying $5.00 a mile is needed but your rate is inadequate>dedicated freight or not. You're tieing up a trailer for the term of the contract or had you forgotten about that?

Please, DON'T tell me what my expences are or aren't! I don't tell you how to run your business, keep your nose out of mine.

ps:If you want to get into a name calling match.....
Old 11-26-2012, 02:12 AM
Board Regular

I dont think he gets it i think he believes oo's just want piles of money thrown at them.

Noproblem the problem is you want to use someones trailer for storeage and not pay for it. The rate of 1.51 might be doable if the o/o is willing to live on the money a newbie trainee makes after taxes. Yes he can drop the trailer and run more.. so you basically want to provide a storeage trailer. Those things cost money... here are some numbers for you:

Truck payment $300 week
Ins/misc $250 week
Fuel @ about .57 mile (7mpg) = 827.07
Maint (too low actually) = $157
Trailer - ????????????
im missing things here but thats low.. for an oo who doesnt have health insurance for him or his family and is going to get NAILED come tax time.
Thats $1534 a week. Pay 665.93 after expenses BEFORE taxes and doesnt include ther cost of the trailer you want for free.