User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Mack Vision

I have a question about the 2000 vision that i drive. There is a light that comes on the dashboard that resembles a electric/ lightning bolt, What is that warning light for? I have 2 switches that i don't know what they are for. #1 looks like a key on the switch, #2 looks like it could be for the axle differential lock, but i have a separate switch for that. It looks like it resembles 4 wheels with a X on it.. Who will beat Brandon with an answer for me? :smokin:
Old 11-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Board Regular

I'll go ahead and throw an answer out there...not sure about switch #1, but switch #2 engages locks both axles to spin simultaneously (my best guess).

I drove a similar Mack at my last job and that damn lightning bolt symbol seemed to never go off. Although I suspected the truck had a short in the wiring or something, because the buzzer would go off pretty much constantly, and the all the gauges (except tach and speedo, which never worked) would work, then not work, then work, and then not work all day long. Not sure if the two are related, but my guess is the symbol means some sort of electrical problem.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:44 AM
Senior Board Member

I have a separate switch to lock the axles, but maybe this switch does the same thing. I didn't want to play with them not knowing what they are for.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:02 AM
Board Regular

I always thought that one of the two switches locked only one axle while the other switch locked both, but hell wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:13 PM

I had a Mack a few years back. The switch with the key on it is a spare switch that you can use for anything. It only has power to it when the key is on. My Mack also had a switch with a battery on it. Same thing, just a spare switch but always had power to it, key on or off.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Senior Board Member

The lighting bolt goes off for everything. My fuel gague stop working and it went off. In my truck i have the codes for the lighting bolt. If you use your CC switchs the light bolt with flash a pattern like 4-8. and then look that code up and it tells you what the problem is.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 11-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Senior Board Member

It seems like the Jake only wants to work when i start the truck up. It seems like once the truck get up to 180 it doesn't want to work. When it's supposed to be working, i hear a clicking sound but i don't know exactly where the sound is coming from.