User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Volvo cab control module fault.

I am driving a 2003 Volvo 770. Unfortunately I had a major problem which resulted in me needing to be towed yesterday. Let me start from the beginning.

When I first started up the truck, there was an error that came up that stated that there is a cab controller module problem (144 if I remember correctly). I asked the shop before I left if it was going to be an issue, and they stated that it would not and to go ahead and drive.

I leave the terminal and head on to the freeway. First thing I had noticed is that the jakes where cycling when I let off on the throttle, and then I started noticing that no matter how much throttle I gave the truck it would not register. What I mean by register is that it would not accelerate when I applied more pressure to the throttle for the most part.

As I went down the road further, I lost all control of throttle and the truck began to surge ahead and then back off. This did this all the way until I hit an exit where I could park the truck.

Any ideas on weather this is related to the cab control module?

I do not think it is fuel related for one simple reason. There was no hesitation, sputtering, and the engine was still running smoothly.

Any input would be welcome!
Old 03-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Sounds like the throttle sensor. Mine went and it did the exact same thing. Different codes though.

It would act fine for quite a while, then it would either be idling or WOT. Nothing in between. Also, the cruise tended to act funny.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh
Sounds like the throttle sensor. Mine went and it did the exact same thing. Different codes though.

It would act fine for quite a while, then it would either be idling or WOT. Nothing in between. Also, the cruise tended to act funny.
Funny you would mention the cruise not working right. I could not, for the life of me, get the pto to behave properly.

What is strange is the fact that it would report the error just as I was having the problem. Dunno if there is a connection from the TPS to the Cab Control Module or not, but, it's getting taken care of now hopefully!
Old 03-22-2007, 05:30 AM
Board Regular

**Update**

Moved out of the 770, they replaced the TPS, and as I was heading back to the terminal, it started acting up again, and the shop still insists they could not find any problems.

Yes, I did call them out on it.