Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Texas Oilfield Driving Jobs. (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/43629-texas-oilfield-driving-jobs.html)

dano599 01-14-2013 12:25 AM

Texas Oilfield Driving Jobs.

Anyone here got any experience driving here in the Texas oil fields? I hear you can get a job hauling crude pretty easy. I've been putting in apps to everywhere I can find but , still havn't heard anything, starting to get discouraged. I'm not new to trucking, I spent last summer in North Dakota hauling water, skoria, and well cuttings to and from the wellsites around NewTown area, plus got a year linehaul driving for a company in the northwest, and some time flatbedding otr. It can't be much different than hauling water except the pay must be better, and I hear u have to test the oil before u load it (specific gravity). Oh yeah, I've got hazmat, doubles/triples, and tanker too, no misdimeanors, felonies, duis. Can't wait to here from an experienced oil driver. Thanks your help will be appreciated.

chain binder 01-14-2013 05:58 PM

Hey. I haul frac sand in West Texas.The company I drive for is contracted to Halliburton. There are alot of driving jobs available in West Texas and New Mexico. I didn't see where you are from but it might be an advantage to make a trip out to the Odessa/ Midland Texas area. This is the main area of the oilfield. Everyone out is has help wanted signs out. There is available housing but it is expensive.Hauling frac sand I average about $1500 a week( that is take home). I stay in my truck and go home every couple of weeks. Hope this might help ya.

Ferry 01-15-2013 06:20 PM

I think that you should give this advertise on an appropriate platform to hire more eligible people.

SaferTransportationInc 01-17-2013 05:08 PM

try flint energy

281-885-6800

dano599 01-19-2013 12:02 AM

Hey chain binder, thx for replying. I'm in the Corpus Christi area, yeah when I was in North Dakota we ran into alot of sand cans on the same wellsites we delivered water to. They were a bunch of good guys to work with. Hope you do well out there in the Odessa area. About 4 days after I posted this I got calls from 4 different companies. Anyone ever drive for Sun Coast Resources, Trimac Transportation, Schneider Oil Transport, or Gazelle Transportation. I hear Sun Coast is a pretty good company to work for, as are I'm sure Trimac, Schneider and Gazelle. But don't know much about any of them. Anyone with any info, please let me know. Thx SaferTransportationInc, I'll try Flint energy too.

Rogerxjackson 01-22-2013 07:16 PM

I am also looking for work. I just lost truck in hurricane and insurance paid it off and tge rest is history. I haul oversize loads and need a good paying job.skate boards for life.anyone need a good drive message me are call 404-803-2409

KCS 01-25-2013 12:53 AM

I am looking for a re start

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogerxjackson (Post 522840)
I am also looking for work. I just lost truck in hurricane and insurance paid it off and tge rest is history. I haul oversize loads and need a good paying job.skate boards for life.anyone need a good drive message me are call 404-803-2409

So, I have been out of the skateboard since 2008, I am in Fla, was with Maverick and gave up my truck, had my own flatbed, I have has mat, and all the endorsement, I am single, fit, like flat bed, worked for sunbelt also , so whats the chance of me just driving out to odesa and knocking on doors, and try to get back in the biz, cant get anyone to look at me since no recent exp, what a grind.

David1471 01-27-2013 03:07 PM

Would like to haul sand.... do you think if a newbie with a Class A, with all the endorsements HAZ, Tanker, Double/Trips ect... but no experience... came out to the Odessa/Midland, Texas area... are there any companies out there that would train or give a newbie a chance?

ftw1957 02-16-2013 07:48 AM

Hi, I'm re-locating to Denver mid March and have an interview/road test/drug test (which means I pretty much got the gig) with Links Logistics, Brighton Co. Anyone familiar with this company and could give some feedback would be very much appreciated, Thank-you

ciscocisco 02-20-2013 04:43 AM

Hello drivers I wanted to know if anybody knows anything about National oilwell Varco. Wanted to know what they payed their flatbed drivers hauling pipe in Tx . Thanks Cisco