Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Live Haul Tyson Local.. (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/37965-live-haul-tyson-local.html)

Hawkjr 05-28-2009 05:36 PM

Live Haul Tyson Local..

Could anyone tell me what this could possibly be?? I ask my uncle he said it could be either the Chickens hauling them to a process plant or a feeder truck delivering feed to chicken houses.. anyone thank they know??

belpre122 05-28-2009 05:45 PM

A coolie carrier hiding behind a national brand name Hawk. Bad news!

Go back through the archives on here if you need further.

G

ON EDIT: Hawk......as far as the local is concerned......roll the dice. The OTR division leads me to believe that you had best keep your distance. I run across these drivers often in Northern Indiana. Many times...........I don't know whether to call the police, or send them to the nearest soup kitchen.

Fredog 05-28-2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkjr (Post 451643)
Could anyone tell me what this could possibly be?? I ask my uncle he said it could be either the Chickens hauling them to a process plant or a feeder truck delivering feed to chicken houses.. anyone thank they know??

live haul means hauling live chickens from the chicken house to the processing plants, you need a good strong stomach.

Jumbo 05-28-2009 10:43 PM

But it is all you can eat. I talked to some Pilgrims Pride drivers and somedays they haul Chickens and some days they haul feed. Trucks look like they havent been washed since they were new.

Fredog 05-28-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumbo (Post 451666)
But it is all you can eat. I talked to some Pilgrims Pride drivers and somedays they haul Chickens and some days they haul feed. Trucks look like they havent been washed since they were new.

we haul fat out of a lot of the pilgrims pride plant, they are nasty places indeed, I dont know how those guys can stand driving a gut wagon,, PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP UUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Jumbo 05-29-2009 05:11 AM

We hauled storage tanks to the plant in Mt. Pleasant, Tx. That has been the only time I was thankful they didnt have onsite overnight parking for us. It STUNK.

Syncrosonix 05-29-2009 06:03 AM

chicken trucks used to pass me every morning while i was riding my bike to school. as they were approaching, i quickly inhaled and held my breath for long as i could. you know it stinks when you can taste the freaking air. i ended up barfing one time.

dobry4u 05-29-2009 02:35 PM

The first time a chicken hauler passed me it was in Canada (and who doesn't pass me in Canada?!), I saw the white feathers whirling about and for a minute I thought it was snowing! :)

jonp 06-02-2009 10:23 AM

I have a back-haul out of the egg plant in Pantego, NC. Just the egg place is pretty grim.

I used to haul green cow hides out of slaughter house to the Port of Long Beach to ship overseas for leather. The juice leaked out of the container and it was nasty. My trainer told me that once he had trouble with the guy that handed out equipment ( straps, binders, new tarps ). That guy worked out of a little building out at the back of the flatbed parking area and you could pull up in front of the door to load tarps and stuff onto a truck instead of carrying the gear around to your truck. Anyways, my trainer had a little go-around with the guy because the man took a "I am God" attitude one day and wouldnt give out a new tarp. My trainer said ok and a couple of days later picked up a container of skins, pulled into the yard and parked it right in front of the door to the flatbed shack and let the juice leak out for an hour or so. Being as this was Phoenix in June/July it was gross to say the least. Smell lasted for weeks as the juice got into the tar. He made his point and didnt have any more problems with that guy.