Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Slip seating (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/35562-slip-seating.html)

jmazz 09-16-2008 02:03 AM

Slip seating

I am new to the business. Can someone explain to me what "slip seating" means? Thanks.
Jmazz

Jumbo 09-16-2008 02:10 AM

That means you don't have your own truck. Two drivers may share one truck or you might turn the key on a different truck everytime you go to work

jmazz 09-16-2008 02:24 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. Hopefully I'll learn to speak the language sometime soon.
Mazz

Jumbo 09-16-2008 02:30 AM

No problem. Any more questions just ask. That is what we are here for, To answer questions and make fun of people

INKTOXICATED 11-09-2008 01:10 AM

We slip seat at my job. But it goes like this. Im schedule to work from 4am-4pm. Usually im done at 1-2iish. My partner comes in and is scheduled to work 4pm-4am. Hes done around midnight. So i use the same truck everyday. Problem is i clean the **** out of it and even polished the tanks and my partner is on the scumbag side and dosent keep it up. Its ok tho. Lots of waiting to get unloaded so plenty of time to clean the truck when ur on the clock :) if u slip seat and get a diff truck everyday, thats the worst. Most likely every truck in the yard is a pos and dirty as sin. Its all to save money

Jackrabbit379 11-09-2008 05:03 AM

Well, you can have a truck that's wore out, and still be cleaned up. I've seen some newer trucks that are filthy. There's no sense in not keeping a truck cleaned.

I slip seat myself. Our daytime guys that deliver drive the same trucks that I drive every night. Only thing is, I dont drive the same truck every night. I take in whichever truck is lowest on fuel, and when I get to our warehouse, I fuel the truck, etc..

Orangetxguy 11-09-2008 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INKTOXICATED (Post 422346)
We slip seat at my job. But it goes like this. Im schedule to work from 4am-4pm. Usually im done at 1-2iish. My partner comes in and is scheduled to work 4pm-4am. Hes done around midnight. So i use the same truck everyday. Problem is i clean the **** out of it and even polished the tanks and my partner is on the scumbag side and dosent keep it up. Its ok tho. Lots of waiting to get unloaded so plenty of time to clean the truck when ur on the clock :) if u slip seat and get a diff truck everyday, thats the worst. Most likely every truck in the yard is a pos and dirty as sin. Its all to save money

Another one of them fume sniffing gas haulers....a senior one from the looks! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

homer 11-10-2008 03:49 AM

i been on 12 hours on 12 off for a long time
i clean when i get some waiting time. having been on both shifts i dont expect some one to do much cleaning at 3am. night shift usually keeps moving good.
its a shocker when you take your tractor in for service and you drive the pos loaner and your hands turn black up to your elbows !

belpre122 11-10-2008 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INKTOXICATED (Post 422346)
Its ok tho. Lots of waiting to get unloaded so plenty of time to clean the truck when ur on the clock :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy (Post 422426)
Another one of them fume sniffing gas haulers....a senior one from the looks! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Goes to show how much you know Stanley! Us fume sniffers never wait to get unloaded! 8500 gallons=23 minutes! Next time your through Indy, give me a shout. I'll teach you some of the finer points of fuel hauling!:bow:
Wannabe!;)

INKTOXICATED 11-13-2008 11:58 PM

No gas hauler here. Flatbedder. Our customers are pretty quick except for the dicks at home depots