Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Air Liquide (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/34988-air-liquide.html)

shaun 08-12-2008 07:05 AM

Air Liquide

Any other AL drivers here? I just started with the company about 3 weeks ago and am extremely happy with the company. This will definitely be the company I retire from.

Evinrude 08-12-2008 12:05 PM

Re: Air Liquide

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaun
Any other AL drivers here? I just started with the company about 3 weeks ago and am extremely happy with the company. This will definitely be the company I retire from.

I hope your 64 years old.lol

rgarthman1969 08-12-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evinrude
Quote:

That is toooooo funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

felix5oh 08-13-2008 03:11 AM

I heard nothing but good thing from air liquide. Theres an opening in Orlando near me but they wont hire me with 2 speeding tickets in 3 yrs.
Good luck with it, i'll try again in 2009

feederfred 08-14-2008 06:20 PM

I have a relative that worked for them from 1980-1998 at their Etiwanda, CA. air seperation plant. He was a bulk transport driver. Air Liquide (or "Leaky Air"-as it's known in the cryogenic biz) FIRED all their drivers and contracted out to Jack B. Kelley. They did lose a a group unlawful termination lawsuit and had to pay the drivers a few million in damages, but it never brought their jobs back. I drive for the Linde Group, doing the liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen deliveries. In California, AL is closing a lot of their facilities and at all their other plants(in California) they have let the drivers go and contracted with Trimac.

shaun 08-14-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feederfred
I have a relative that worked for them from 1980-1998 at their Etiwanda, CA. air seperation plant. He was a bulk transport driver. Air Liquide (or "Leaky Air"-as it's known in the cryogenic biz) FIRED all their drivers and contracted out to Jack B. Kelley. They did lose a a group unlawful termination lawsuit and had to pay the drivers a few million in damages, but it never brought their jobs back. I drive for the Linde Group, doing the liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen deliveries. In California, AL is closing a lot of their facilities and at all their other plants(in California) they have let the drivers go and contracted with Trimac.

I actually started with Trimac, but they were a joke. 4 months and every single one of my paychecks were short. I probably would have just switched to Linde since I already knew where all the customers were, but it's in their contract that they can't hire Trimac drivers until 30 days. I'm very happy to be at AL now. Nobody comes close around here as far as pay and benefits for local drivers.

DragginMan 08-16-2008 03:10 PM

Where do you deliver to in that area? BR? Gonzales? NO? I wasn't aware AL had a DS terminal.

shaun 08-16-2008 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragginMan
Where do you deliver to in that area? BR? Gonzales? NO? I wasn't aware AL had a DS terminal.

I work out of Geismar. I live in DS now, but I'm moving to Gonzales next month to be closer.

shaun 08-16-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evinrude
Quote:

You know something I don't?

Smooth 08-17-2008 05:27 PM

Im actually am done with Yellow and have moved onto Praxair Inc. Home everyday and off weekends with hourly pay and time and a half after 8 . I'm very happy so far , a lot of paperwork and guidelines and won't be solo for at least another month with all the training but so far I really like it thus far . Any questions I will be happy to answer .