Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   cpc/walgreens (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/34338-cpc-walgreens.html)

vick 06-21-2008 10:03 AM

cpc/walgreens

hey any drivers on here work for them

BigAtrukn 06-22-2008 07:36 PM

Dont work for them but i know the head supervisors for the DC in Moreno Valley. what did you want to know maybe i could help?

INKTOXICATED 06-26-2008 11:09 PM

we have a few cpc drivers working for our fleet here in nj. not walgreens account tho. gaf flatbed

DVR 07-02-2008 11:33 PM

I run a regular route for Walgeens, Tues. thru Sat. Get paid by the hour. OT after 8. Hand unload using gravity roller system. Best of all I sleep in my bed every night.

dewercs2 07-03-2008 04:08 AM

I'd like to drive for them, since the DC is about 10-15 miles from home. Had a friend who drove for them a couple years ago. He said he didn't like it since you had to set up the conveyor and then offload yourself. He told me he was a driver not a dockworker.

That's all I know about them.... and that could have changed. I think you need a couple years driving experience though, I've got about 5 months.

BigAtrukn 07-03-2008 08:04 PM

They require 2 yrs exp.

Bumper 07-03-2008 09:59 PM

Hey Dewercs2, Im right next door to ya....I wouldnt mind finding a local gig out of Moreno Valley or Temecula myself......

DVR 07-03-2008 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewercs2
I'd like to drive for them, since the DC is about 10-15 miles from home. Had a friend who drove for them a couple years ago. He said he didn't like it since you had to set up the conveyor and then offload yourself. He told me he was a driver not a dockworker.

That's all I know about them.... and that could have changed. I think you need a couple years driving experience though, I've got about 5 months.

I make between $1050.00 and 1350.00 a week running a regular route from a domicile location where relay drivers bring the load in overnight.

I work Tues. through Sat. and crap in my own toilet every morning and sleep in my own bed at night. That to me is worth its weight in gold! So I dont mind taking 5 minutes to setup a conveyor in the truck and hand unloading!

dewercs2 07-04-2008 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumper
Hey Dewercs2, Im right next door to ya....I wouldnt mind finding a local gig out of Moreno Valley or Temecula myself......

I know Bumper..... We spoke last year about how close we are. I worked at the Home Depot for a few years before making the jump to driving. We might have cross paths at one point there. My wife is still there in HR so I still can't get away from my old employees....
I leave today for Tulsa, OK to start with Arrow on monday.

dewercs2 07-04-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVR
Quote:

Originally Posted by dewercs2

I make between $1050.00 and 1350.00 a week running a regular route from a domicile location where relay drivers bring the load in overnight.

I work Tues. through Sat. and crap in my own toilet every morning and sleep in my own bed at night. That to me is worth its weight in gold! So I dont mind taking 5 minutes to setup a conveyor in the truck and hand unloading!

Hey DVR,

I'd sure like to get on that run but have to get more time under my belt.

I don't mind working to be able to brush my teeth in my own sink instead of a public bathroom in a truck stop. To sit on my own toilet would be nice too.

I'll get there just need more time and make sure a tandem brake hub doesn't take my right steer tire out and send me into a ditch like the last time I was out.

Off to Arrow.......