Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Is Swift Trucking any good? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/24555-swift-trucking-any-good.html)

Rookie at 53 02-05-2007 01:45 AM

Is Swift Trucking any good?

Is swift trucking any good to work for as a driver?

Uturn2001 02-05-2007 02:02 AM

If you do not mind being a number more than a person.

You will find this basic mindset at any of the mega carriers though unless you luck out and get an outstanding fleet manager.

mikey4069 02-05-2007 03:27 AM

Re: Is Swift Trucking any good?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rookie at 53
Is swift trucking any good to work for as a driver?

All newbies need to go on to www.ooida.com and read swimming with sharks. its good reading and give a list a questions to ask trucking co.

NevadaJim 02-05-2007 05:57 AM

Depends who you ask. Some love working for them, others don't. It seems the majority of folks that post negative things here have never worked for them and post out of nothing but hearsay. Better if you ask some Swift drivers in your area. I think your question will create more debate than a usefull answer.

homer 02-05-2007 06:22 PM

i see some swift drivers in my area.i tell them i worked there and they say "im sorry!" its good experience.you dont have to unload those trailers most times.after you live in their truck for a year or two you get burned out and give two weeks notice.thats why they are always hiring.other companies might pay better. some people switch companies pretty often.were to old for that ltl freight lumping job probably

fatman 02-05-2007 10:29 PM

I work for Swift and started with them soley for the experience so I can get a local driving job. I didn't expect good pay or to really be anything more than a cog in the machine. my expectations were met on all levels.
there are some nice people at Swift, and they emphasize safety. despite some aggravations i'm glad I went with them. but I won't be with them in a year.

crankyazz 02-05-2007 10:47 PM

swift

lol well lets see on shows like survivor and amazing race you always have to have the villians that you love to hate. Why should trucking be any differen't. Companies like Swift and Cr England just plain suck..... if it wasn't for companies like those two we would need to find others to just hate..... just my two cents..... :wink:

Useless 02-06-2007 12:31 AM

Swift?? Never even heard of them!!
Some new start-up company?? :o

jnk2001 02-06-2007 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Useless
Swift?? Never even heard of them!!
Some new start-up company?? :o

Yeah. like phoenix, they rose from the ashes of past drivers.... :lol: :lol:

One 02-06-2007 01:00 PM

Wheres the :barf: Emoticon??? Oh well, I guess :dung: will do almost as well...