Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   J.B. Hunt Terminals? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/21864-j-b-hunt-terminals.html)

Maximum Destruction 11-02-2006 03:59 PM

J.B. Hunt Terminals?

Where are they located?

stinkyfinger 11-02-2006 04:39 PM

Check thier website

jbhunt.com

Sheepdancer 11-02-2006 05:16 PM

http://www.jbhunt.com/images/common/TerminalsMap.gif

fireman932003 11-02-2006 08:53 PM

That map shows of a home center here in Evansville but I know of no JB yards anywhere here in Evansville. I have even looked for one and still could not find it. So, where is it???

Sheepdancer 11-02-2006 08:57 PM

Sometimes a homecenter is just a spot on the map you can drive out of.
Sometimes its a little yard.

Terminals and Satellites are the only places where a yard would be for sure.

stinkyfinger 11-02-2006 10:38 PM

If I may butt in here, what exactly is a "home center" ? Exactly. From my 19 yrs doin' this crap,all I ever heard of was, terminal:ya get a truck, maintence,dispatch,etc. Drop yard ; ya drop a trailer and pick up another,lots of times just a fenced in area with no facilities. Main terminal (not sure if there's a slang term for it) where you can get anything from maintence to company merch. to a bunk and a shower.Has some new terms popped up lately? If so, I and I would presume others might like to hear them.Seems to me,and I mean no harm in this,that the BIG companies try to come up with all these new "sweet" terms and phrases to try to "lure" new drivers into their "den". You being a recruiter, I would assume you would know first hand precisely what your companys' location desriptions meant. Believe me, I am in no way tryin to start something.I'm just curious why you gave him such an arounabout answer. BTW, what exactly does "a spot on the map you can drive out of" mean? Once again, I'm new to this board and I'm not here to stir things up. I just think alot of these posts, should be more clarified. Alot of the replies beat around the bush.

ThumperS25 11-02-2006 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinkyfinger
If I may butt in here, what exactly is a "home center" ? Exactly. From my 19 yrs doin' this crap,all I ever heard of was, terminal:ya get a truck, maintence,dispatch,etc. Drop yard ; ya drop a trailer and pick up another,lots of times just a fenced in area with no facilities. Main terminal (not sure if there's a slang term for it) where you can get anything from maintence to company merch. to a bunk and a shower.Has some new terms popped up lately? If so, I and I would presume others might like to hear them.Seems to me,and I mean no harm in this,that the BIG companies try to come up with all these new "sweet" terms and phrases to try to "lure" new drivers into their "den". You being a recruiter, I would assume you would know first hand precisely what your companys' location desriptions meant. Believe me, I am in no way tryin to start something.I'm just curious why you gave him such an arounabout answer. BTW, what exactly does "a spot on the map you can drive out of" mean? Once again, I'm new to this board and I'm not here to stir things up. I just think alot of these posts, should be more clarified. Alot of the replies beat around the bush.

I can tell you that many of the bigger companies have shops behind businesses. They cant exactly call them a terminal as they are just leased spaces from the account they service. Some of these spots are at places like:

walmart dc
target dc
family dollar
dollar general
freds
kingsdown
Simons
pepsi

Uturn2001 11-03-2006 12:37 AM

I was just going to bring that up Thumper.

I know for a fact that some JB offices are located inside some DC's that they run major dedicated freight for.

Sealord 11-03-2006 02:45 AM

JBHT Terminals, Yards, Etc.

What. No more Ocala? BOL

stranger 11-03-2006 06:26 AM

Does anyone remember before deregulation when you had to log a "gateway". You had to log through this town no matter how far out of the way it was.

The company I was leased to got their authority in one town, then moved about 100 miles away a few years later. Every load out had to show me going to that town and stopping before heading in the direction I really had to go.