Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Wonder how much Wal Mart dedicated truck drivers make (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/21513-wonder-how-much-wal-mart-dedicated-truck-drivers-make.html)

DC 10-21-2006 06:50 PM

Wonder how much Wal Mart dedicated truck drivers make

I recently talked to a friend and he said his dad got an offer from Wal Mart to make 65-72k a year as a dedicated driver. Home nights and weekends working 8-10hours a day, I was wondering if anyone who works for walmart can either confirm or deny that dedicated Walmart truck drivers can make this much. Im located in the Pittsburgh area

tom3130 10-23-2006 03:03 AM

schnieder pulls walmart dedicated out of washington courthouse ohio and they .28 for newbie and only average 2200 miles a week =616.00 a week gross

Driveline 10-23-2006 03:39 AM

I believe hes talking about actual drivers employed by Wal-Mart. All I can tell you, is that they make somewhere close to that depending on how long you been with them. They take good care of their drivers, all drop and hook.

joasis 10-23-2006 11:06 AM

Six years ago, I was having coffee at the Giant on I-40 in NM, and bs'ing with a Wal Mart driver, and we were talking trucking...I was complaining about how tought it was getting and I was thinking about getting out..so he says he makes 60k with WM...I must look like I didn't believe him, so he takes out his billfold and gets a paycheck stub...2 weeks, $2300, home every 2 days and every weekend, drop and hook. And this was 6 years ago! I think this guy lived in Grants, NM.

shadetree4u 10-23-2006 02:49 PM

I did Wal-Mart dedicated out of Penn, NY, NJ, VA and NH with Swift. Swift pays a flat $200/day to pull Wal-mart fr8.

feederfred 10-24-2006 02:04 AM

I don't know...

Wal-Mart opened a new DC near where I live in Apple Valley, CA. in 2004. Just for curiosity (and the fact I hate commuting down Cajon Pass) I applied for a job in 2005. (September). I went through the 3 interviews (where drivers I wouldn't trust to back my boat in my driveway quiz you). Then after you pass all that here is what I was told by WALMART: Starting wage .35 cpm for your first year, $8.00 per hour for all hours in sleeper. Twenty dollars at each store for each drop and hook. Back haul waiting time@ $15.00 per hour. Home time is 1 and one half days per week, not necessarily weekends. No assigned equipment for first year ("you work the Flex-Fleet). Medical free for driver, at that time approx. 90.00 per week for family coverage-Healthnet in the West. They told me that even though you may be at your "home" terminal that Wal-Mart prefers that you do not go home, that you sleep in your tractor, (this is during your 5 and half on) and that showers are provided at the DC. Tractors are governed@67mph. I make no judgments pro or con. I appreciate the fact WalMart took the time to interview me, I'm sure some people find them great, but I saw no reason to leave UPS.

10-24-2006 02:20 AM

Re: I don't know...

Quote:

Originally Posted by feederfred
I make no judgments pro or con.

I do. That SUX!!!! $90.00/week for family coverage...and here I thought those guys were high-rollers. No wonder they're so tight-lipped about what they make.

Glad I never sent in my app.

Smooth 10-24-2006 05:00 AM

It's a good company to work for , I'd take them over about anyone . The pay rates out east from what I've heard are higher then out west . Plus $8 an hour in the sleeper makes for a nice 80+ dollar bonus every night .

teamster 10-24-2006 05:12 AM

Not to interrupt post, but Smooth are you a road driver in Cleveland for yellow. I was there for 2yrs, but left there about 1.5 yrs ago.

Smooth 10-24-2006 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamster
Not to interrupt post, but Smooth are you a road driver in Cleveland for yellow. I was there for 2yrs, but left there about 1.5 yrs ago.

Yes I am , I only been there since July , but I really like it .