User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2014, 10:36 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I know this thread is a couple years old but I just logged back into CAD after a few years and I'm a Gemini driver now, so if anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer them. As for Gemini as a company may I say that I personally think their a good company to work for! If you can/do get hired it's a great place to start off hauling fuel. It's some of the easiest work and best paying work I've ever done besides working in the oil patch in ND. Good luck everyone
Old 09-20-2014, 06:03 PM
Rookie

I live in Orlando and currently drive long haul for Roehl. I drove a fuel tanker for 7 years, but that was 14 years ago. With that gap I'm finding it very difficult to get back in with a fuel hauler. Does anyone have any specific hints / tips on how to get their attention when applying at Love's / Gemini? My online apps seem to fall into a cyber blackhole.

A Love's driver I spoke to OTR strongly suggested getting a regional manager's name. If anyone has a regional mgr name, phone number, email address, etc. for the Central Florida area and is willing to share it, it would be greatly appreciated. And by all means, feel free to send the info to me by email if you don't want to make the info public. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Bell62; 09-20-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell62 View Post
I live in Orlando and currently drive long haul for Roehl. I drove a fuel tanker for 7 years, but that was 14 years ago. With that gap I'm finding it very difficult to get back in with a fuel hauler. Does anyone have any specific hints / tips on how to get their attention when applying at Love's / Gemini? My online apps seem to fall into a cyber blackhole.

A Love's driver I spoke to OTR strongly suggested getting a regional manager's name. If anyone has a regional mgr name, phone number, email address, etc. for the Central Florida area and is willing to share it, it would be greatly appreciated. And by all means, feel free to send the info to me by email if you don't want to make the info public. Thanks in advance!
To bad I did not log in back in September as I pull fuel in the Orlando Market for Mansfield Oil, We just hired two guys in the past three weeks, one for night shift the other for day shift. It is a kick ass schedule for these guys as they work 4 on and get 4 off with a guarantee of $900 a week if you add on bonus pay and lets say you work an extra 10 days during the year you will break $50,000+, not bad money for working less then 200 days of the calendar year. If my kid wasn't going to Florida state I would consider this shift, however mine is not to bad either Mon-Fri weekends off unless I want to make extra cash. Been with these guys going on five years now and don't see me leaving anytime before retirement as they are a strong family oriented company with great benefits and pay.. If you are looking to get on board in Orlando I would say we (Mansfield oil) is number 1, followed by Gemini (Loves), then Coraluso, and finally Energy Dispatch. Good luck in your search or if your working let me know maybe we will see each other on the KM Rack.

Timberwolf
Old 11-04-2014, 12:19 AM
Rookie

Thanks for the reply Timberwolf. Great minds think alike it seems, lol! I just put in an app with Mansfield Oil yesterday. I got a call from Coraluzzo and have an interview for mid-November, but I figured I better get some more apps out there as Plan B in case that one doesn't work out. And thanks for the confirmation, I've heard that Mansfield is the number one fuel hauler to try to get in with. I also apped JD Haul and Praxair this weekend. I've tried applying with both Gemini and Energy Dispatch over the last few months, but can't seem to get their attention. It's frustrating as heck, but I figure something has to give sooner or later. It has to, this OTR life takes its toll. After putting in about 120 hours a week I figure I'm making about $2 / hour out there, so the sooner I can get a local job, the better. The call from Coraluzzo definitely felt like a blessing and finally a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. I appreciate the info on Mansfield and will keep them on my radar. And I'll definitely let you know when something pans out.

Bell62