User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2011, 12:42 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Looking to lease purchase a 379 peterbilt

Hi everyone. Thought I would post this here. Does anyone out there know of where I could do a lease purchase of a Peterbilt 379 with a Cummins engine preferably? I am looking all over to find a nice place to belong to for the next 12 to 15 years where I can lease purchase a nicer 379 peterbilt. I had my own company since 1985 but due to the terrorists in our White House they hung me out for 6.5 million and I had to sell everything including all 3 of my trucks. So now I just want to find a nice place to belong to and get me another nice Peterbilt. So thought I would post here as I am sure there a lot of you find folks out there that might know where I can get a nice Peterbilt. I still have my own authority and I still have my company registered and all that so I just need a good thing to get going again. Thank you in advance for your information. Below you fill find a couple of links so you can see my old corporation and also you can see me with one of my many sales, training and marketing video's that I created. Thank you in advance. Everyone have a very nice holiday season.

Dusty
[email protected]

index.htm

Manitowoc 4600 dragline Training/sales video - YouTube

:lol2:
:clap:
:thumbsup::clap::bigclap:
Old 11-24-2011, 02:04 AM
crb
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Jct maybe.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Check with some of the equipment leasing companies like 5 points capital, GE, Lone Mouintain, Truck Tech, etc., If it were me and trying to get rolling again, I would not worry much about the brand of truck. Once you get started you can always find a Peterbilt. Some dealers also have their own leasing companies. You may check with Jordan
Truck Sales or Highway 65 Truck Sales. I don't know if they have financing but both sell Peterbilt trucks.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:54 PM
crb

Starport Transportation, INC

Not endorcing them, just saw they have pete's.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:59 PM

Personally I would just drive for someone. No one wants to pay you enough to make it now a days. You cant survive on 95 cents per mile plus a fuel surcharge. Unless you have some connections for 2 dollar frieght and above then I would not even bother with leasing a tractor. Just my 2 cents!
Just an old school trucker, these kids today don't know how good they have it! Power steering, a/c, air ride cabs and trailers, air ride seats! I did not have any of these things when I started driving.
Drive an old Mack, White or GMC then tell me how good a driver you are!issedoff: :bow::lol2: Don't even get me started on backing in to a dock!ops:

Instigator!~
Old 12-24-2011, 03:40 PM

I run 2 trucks (3 in fleet but one is daycab that doesn't get used a lot, have own authority). I run 2 flats and have one 1 dry van. I make good money with flats but not so much with van. If I had big truck payment though it would be different story. I own our trucks. 2004 Freightliner Century (617k miles), 1998 Volvo (495k miles) and my ol' day cab 1995 Freightliner (1.1 million miles). All are good trucks that perform pretty flawlessly so can't complain.

Let me get the point, if you can start off with something little cheaper and not huge truck payment, something you can pay off quickly you're better off. Upgrades can always come later once you get rolling.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:38 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instigator View Post
Personally I would just drive for someone. No one wants to pay you enough to make it now a days. You cant survive on 95 cents per mile plus a fuel surcharge. Unless you have some connections for 2 dollar frieght and above then I would not even bother with leasing a tractor. Just my 2 cents!

There are several carriers where you can lease on your truck and work for percentage rather than low mileage pay. I don't see how any of these people can survive running at $0.95/mile.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Senior Board Member

there is still money out there.. just got to be willing to work for it and go where it is.. anyway, back to the question at hand.. if you look on ebay there is a company that always posts petes.. personally i'd get a t600 or something but to each their own.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:08 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
There are several carriers where you can lease on your truck and work for percentage rather than low mileage pay. I don't see how any of these people can survive running at $0.95/mile.
Well, I have been doing it. My net last year was just under $70K. Granted, not $.95 a mile, but between $.96 and $1.12 based on length of haul. When most things are paid for or reimbursed by the carrier, they have substantial discounts on fuel, a solid customer base so there is no sitting except for breaks, and a decent fuel surcharge, it is possible. My only expense to the carrier is $10 a week for the qualcomm. My base plate cost is reimbursed 100%. And I am home every weekend and holidays, and often by the house once or twice a week. And no, it is not dedicated freight. Just general dry box freight with a solid base of really good customers.

And, except for a mortgage, I am debt free. Have a Blue Cross health plan that is NOT thru the carrier with a $5 million lifetime coverage. So it can be done. Not easy for most, but it is doable. You do have to run things like a business and not just a job or a hobby. And being able to turn a wrench once in a while can help.

It will take a lot of effort and diligence to reach a comfortable point, but hard work and focus can reap rewards. And I will admit, it doesn't hurt to have a little luck.

Last edited by Copperhead; 12-27-2011 at 03:40 AM.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:37 AM
Rookie

I need a job like you have. Who are you leased to? Are they looking for drivers from Northern Indiana?