User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Does Anyone Have Info On KLLM?

I was looking into KLLM does anyone have any info on them?
Old 09-11-2011, 02:48 AM

Odd there were no responses to this. I have no personal experience with KLLM other than what I've "seen". If you live in and enjoy trucking in the SE and have no problem doing a lot of grocery chain drops you'll probably like KLLM. They are probably a respectable outfit for those where the fit is good, but the type of freight they seem to be heavily involved in and their primary operating region rules them out in my book.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Senior Board Member

One of my former co-workers went to work for them. They run mostly Cascadias and Columbias with 10-speed transmissions. Company trucks are governed at 61, lease trucks at 70. The lease trucks have APU's, but not the company trucks.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:27 AM
Rookie

KLLM pays 0.32 cents per mile with no raise again this year for company drivers. I have never met a KLLM lease driver who is happy with the KLLM lease program. Lease drivers pay all the truck expenses and KLLM keeps almost all the profit until he quits then another sucker takes over the truck for about a month. The lease program has ruined all the KLLM company driver trips. Lease drivers can turn down trips so KLLM company drivers get the trash can trips like short-hauls, mountain routes, snow routes, going to customers that are known for the longest wait times and no drop hooks. Company drivers are forced to do swaps with lease drivers near customer locations so company drivers do all the waiting and lease drivers keep moving and paying the truck expenses. KLLM has no safety bonus pay. No idle bonus pay. No APU's and no inverters allowed in company trucks. When I arrived at one of the company yards and asked the shop to repair my qualcomm during my time off they said I must drive the truck to a repair shop across town and begin my time off after I spend a few hours finishing the repair of their equipment. KLLM does not pay for actural miles driven. Only paid zip code to zip code mileage (household movers guide miles). KLLM company drivers are paid only $25 for some trips that are less than 100 miles and you still spend hours waiting at the KLLM customer. No detention pay if the KLLM driver arrives late to a customer even though not the driver's fault. KLLM does not pay mileage for driving the truck from your last customer to your time-off location. KLLM holiday bonus pay for staying on the road during the Xmas and New Year holiday is a joke. The holiday period paychecks are the same as all the paychecks during the year. More customers are closed and miles are less during the holiday period. The bonus just makes up the difference. It does not add money to a paycheck. The bonus just makes up for the loss of miles since it is slow. KLLM will take your new company truck away every 3 to 4 months and lease it to a lease driver. You will be awake all night during the process of moving your stuff from your truck to a storage locker and then at dawn starting your ride across the country to recover an abandoned truck that needs service or won't even start.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Rookie

THE STAY AWAY GUY covers this well. Add to that if you run local/regional you get a day off during the week and then split one day over the weekend. They prefer inexperienced drivers. Why? Well...and Slifka is a d__khead. Got it?
Old 02-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Board Regular

My buddy worked for them for a bit when he got blackballed (a trainee talked **** .. lied and the company he trained for released him with a will not rehire). Pure desperation. He was happy for about a week.
Three weeks later he was talking to me constantly. He wasnt getting home at ALL and he was sitting not making money. When he did get runs they were short.. 450miles etc. Thing is a lot of the time sitting he wasnt that far from home.
Note there are caveats: My buddy can NOT handle money. From driving with him lately.. he was late a lot.. screwed around too much. He just doesnt seem to have a handle on life. But he can TURN the miles. Ive seen him do 4200 miles a week on 500ish miles runs. I wouldnt work there unless i were desperate. On another note i read here or at truckersreport that at least one guy had success with their l/p program so who knows
Old 03-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Rookie

KLLM pays 0.32 cents per mile with no raise again this year for company drivers. I have never met a KLLM lease driver who is happy with the KLLM lease program. Lease drivers pay all the truck expenses and KLLM keeps almost all the profit until he quits then another sucker takes over the truck for about a month. The lease program has ruined all the KLLM company driver trips. Lease drivers can turn down trips so KLLM company drivers get the trash can trips like short-hauls, mountain routes, snow routes, going to customers that are known for the longest wait times and no drop hooks. Company drivers are forced to do swaps with lease drivers near customer locations so company drivers do all the waiting and lease drivers keep moving and paying the truck expenses. KLLM has no safety bonus pay. No idle bonus pay. No APU's and no inverters allowed in company trucks. When I arrived at one of the company yards and asked the shop to repair my qualcomm during my time off they said I must drive the truck to a repair shop across town and begin my time off after I spend a few hours finishing the repair of their equipment. KLLM does not pay for actural miles driven. Only paid zip code to zip code mileage (household movers guide miles). KLLM company drivers are paid only $25 for some trips that are less than 100 miles and you still spend hours waiting at the KLLM customer. No detention pay if the KLLM driver arrives late to a customer even though not the driver's fault. KLLM does not pay mileage for driving the truck from your last customer to your time-off location. KLLM holiday bonus pay for staying on the road during the Xmas and New Year holiday is a joke. The holiday period paychecks are the same as all the paychecks during the year. More customers are closed and miles are less during the holiday period. The bonus just makes up the difference. It does not add money to a paycheck. The bonus just makes up for the loss of miles since it is slow. KLLM will take your new company truck away every 3 to 4 months and lease it to a lease driver. You will be awake all night during the process of moving your stuff from your truck to a storage locker and then at dawn starting your ride across the country to recover an abandoned truck that needs service or won't even start.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:56 AM
Rookie

they increased to 0.34 cents per mile as i have just applied and done paperwork with them and they have $1000 student bonus $500 for when get permit and $500 when out with trainer.

I just have issue with meds I am on cause they on the prohibited list. they not my first choice actually Maverick was but due to issue with dr. not filling out medical form i couldn't go .