User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default North Dakota Driving Jobs

I saw an article on T.V the other night about the driver shortage in North Dakota. They need drivers in the oilfield. A water truck driver makes an average of $90,000 a year. The main problems they have of keeping drivers is the housing shortage and winter.If you need a job,head north.
I personally will eep my little self empoyed job and be happy.:lol::lol::lol:
Old 07-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Board Regular

Chain, I'm up here right now pulling water. The stories are true and we need drivers. We have housing and more work than you can shake a stick at. And the money is nuts... Currently the state of North Dakota is running a 1.5% unemployment rate and needs workers with construction, heavy equipment, CDLs, concrete, etc. Starting pay for most all of these positions is roughly $70,000.00 +++ a year.

Myself, I am having a ball, this has to be the best driving job I have ever had. Sure, the hours are long, averaging 100 hours a week right now and paid by the hour, time and a half after 40. Starting pay is normally $20 an hour to $25 an hour, you do the math. But all we do is drive around in a big circle all day, roughly a 100 mile radius, maybe make two rounds and go home unless we are moving fresh water. It is by far the easiest money I have ever made driving a truck.

If any of you guys are interested in coming up here PM me for more info, as we are putting on more trucks.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:57 PM
Rookie

Hello there .. I'm getting there soon , this week and would like to know some info hauling water truck driving position ..
Do u work on company truck ? Is there still position currently available ? company provide housing ? Any info will help alot !

Thanks !!!
Old 07-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Board Regular

Miron,

The outfit I work for has housing, they charge you $30 a month for utilities, water, heat, air, cable and internet. We live in Minot and work all points West. Starting pay is $20 an hour for the first 40 hours and then $30 an hour time and a half there after. We pay every two weeks, and I average roughly 175 - 190 hours + or - in that two week period. Do the math, 80 hours straight time ($20) and roughly 100 hours time and a half ($30). It is the easiest money I have ever made driving truck.

Call my Pusher, his name is Steve and does all of the hiring. And we are in serious need of drivers right now, give him a call @ (970) 773-3997

One thing though, the hours are long, and you will need to work a minimum of 3 weeks to get one full week off. We work two shifts, 20 on and 20 off 7 days a week. This is easy work, but most guys cannot handle the hours or being away from home. I'm well into my second month here with no time off. It is what it is, and what it is is fantastic money for the actual work. Oh, and we offer nothing, no bennies, just lots and lots of hours, CA CHING!

What you need to bring, steel toed work boots, at least 6 inches tall. Steel toed Muck Chore Boots, they can be bought up here for $109.00. A hard hat with an OSHA approved non combustible headlamp. You will also need rain gear, I recommend the Carhart heavy duty rain suit, as it is well suited to the work up here. Also a good set of coveralls to wear when greasing the trucks, and yes you have to crawl under the trucks to greas the drivelines. Other than that, jeans and t-shirts are the uniform of the day. Also bring a good hoody or heavy duty sweat shirt, as it does get cold at night here.

Hope this helps!

Mike
Old 08-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Rookie

justruckin, Do you know if your company hires/leases on owner operators? I have talked with some companies that are saying no o/o's right now, just company drivers. Yet I've talked to several people from that area that say they can't keep drivers, they leave as fast as they come. But that o/o's tend to stay longer cause they make more $$. Yet the companies are hiring less of them cause of sharing the wealth.

Any way do u know of any companies that are hiring owner ops right now?, Thanks look forward to hearing from you.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by husband/wife team View Post
justruckin, Do you know if your company hires/leases on owner operators? I have talked with some companies that are saying no o/o's right now, just company drivers. Yet I've talked to several people from that area that say they can't keep drivers, they leave as fast as they come. But that o/o's tend to stay longer cause they make more $$. Yet the companies are hiring less of them cause of sharing the wealth.

Any way do u know of any companies that are hiring owner ops right now?, Thanks look forward to hearing from you.
funny i was looking in to the same thing. just dont know how to go about it. i hear they are looking for bulk tanker drivers, belly dump and flatbeds?
Old 08-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Rookie

hi firebird, ya they aren't easy to find, the big ones, missouri basin and others, called them and no o/o's right NOW, wt? don't get it, what is the problem. found lots of info, just not hearing actual hiring for owners right now. plenty of company driver jobs out there. We are a team and want to work 24/7, workin our asses off. Most the over $100 a hr jobs are bring your own tank, vac pump etc. if they are even taking on o/o now. most aren't. Some say check back next month, or go ahead and send in app. Seems to me that there ought to be some people out there that know that their company is hiring o/o right now. and if they will lease u tank or run there tank for less $, but seems nobody's talkin or its a big secret. then again may just be not NOW. we aren't giving up. thinking about placing an ad up there. surely there are companies out there that want a team that wants to work their butts off, and we already live in our truck, don't need housing, just showers, plus since we wouldn't be tied down to renting, we are very mobile to go to different sites as needed instead of stationary with a place to live. I've searched internet like crazy and calling too. frustration is setting in. Any info is a good thing. if u run into anything let me know will ya? most of my info started on the other trucking forum, tr--kers rep-rt, good info but no sure jobs, most of them are not hiring o/o right now. Good luck, keep in touch
Old 08-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Senior Board Member

see, i've heard that in tx and ND they are looking for o/o's. what i was TOLD and we all know how that info works, is that you get $65 an hour to sit on the oil fields. When ever you are loaded you get $4 a loaded mile and $1 mile unloaded. now from what i was told, is that sometimes you can sit on the field for a few hours.. then sit for a few days up to a week and not move but you must be on call. what i was thinking is 7 days on, 7 off. i would fly back home and get someone else sit in the truck. get a nice T800 or T600 with a stuido sleeper and be done with it.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:16 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird_1252 View Post
see, i've heard that in tx and ND they are looking for o/o's. what i was TOLD and we all know how that info works, is that you get $65 an hour to sit on the oil fields. When ever you are loaded you get $4 a loaded mile and $1 mile unloaded. now from what i was told, is that sometimes you can sit on the field for a few hours.. then sit for a few days up to a week and not move but you must be on call. what i was thinking is 7 days on, 7 off. i would fly back home and get someone else sit in the truck. get a nice T800 or T600 with a stuido sleeper and be done with it.
Unless you have a very reliable friend to swap out with you......Your thinking would be better to look at 3 weeks on....1 off. Otherwise....you might come back to find out your truck migrated to Mexico.

There are plenty of these service companies that are hiring O/O's. There are some guys that are making big bucks. Some guys that are making little bucks. But the majority are getting shafted.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:48 AM
Senior Board Member