User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2012, 01:33 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Ive been Driveing since i was 16, with a license that is. But commercialy for about 10 years. But i still dont understand what that would have to do with the girlfriend of 18 years and her better judgement of strangers. Its a pretty safe place to live up here in Minneapolis,MN But other places like Atlanta, or LA where I was born or Detroit where mother was born have very unsafe areas. But im sure U as a Loooong time Loveyour Truck driver already know this. I guess in 1973 at 15 was my first time driving a vac truck. Didnt want to do it but came with the job. Anyhow im sure u will be just fine up there and to clear things up i wasnt reffering to You, I was reffering to my other half, who I know. When I was new I had deliverys up in williston time and time again all through the whole areas. The only thing U had to worry about were the crooks at the scale house up there in williston. With all that money floating around up there have they cooled down or is the DOT still trying to get all they can up there. I hope that Video was helpfull. Type at Ya Later
Old 04-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Rookie

There is something going on in Pennsylvania that is sure to hit that area also soon. Large OTR trucking companies are going after those water truck jobs. Just this week I have seen Schneider, and Smith Transport advertising for water truck drivers there. They will cut throats to get the business like they do in OTR which sucks. They ruin it for everyone.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneman View Post
There is something going on in Pennsylvania that is sure to hit that area also soon. Large OTR trucking companies are going after those water truck jobs. Just this week I have seen Schneider, and Smith Transport advertising for water truck drivers there. They will cut throats to get the business like they do in OTR which sucks. They ruin it for everyone.
I can see that happening maybe in a few years up here, but not any time soon. PA has civilization, we are no where near having the infrastructure, much less the population needed to make it a worthwhile venture for these mega outfits. Who is going to move up here to work for essentially minimum wage that these outfits pay? Companies fight for drivers up here, as few will even consider coming up here to work at the current wages being offered. Simple economics, supply and demand. Personally I am not worried... We don't have what PA has, the population and proximity to again, civilization.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Rookie

I have a Class A from Georgia and am looking to move up to ND at the end of May. Do you have any suggestions? What company do you work for that has housing?
Old 04-11-2012, 06:30 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebjarrell View Post
I have a Class A from Georgia and am looking to move up to ND at the end of May. Do you have any suggestions? What company do you work for that has housing?
Eb, look through this thread for companies. I already got one of the posters here a job at my outfit. We are through hiring for awhile as far as I know, actually have two to many drivers, waiting on more trucks... Also, get on Craigslist, you have to check it daily, main thing is to just find a job up here so that your at least here. Than get a feel for things and start looking for a better opportunity. Main thing is to be here, because when they hire you they usually always want you to start immediately.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Rookie

hey justruckin, I left u a message on other o/op board, but will ask it here too,

Do you know where I can get a 2 line wet kit, pto. purchased and installed around here. Prefer to stay close to minot but anywhere from williston to minot would work.

Anyone who knows where to go, I would surely appreciate it. Thanks
Old 04-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Rookie

Hello, Mike would you suggest coming up to apply and hope for the best, or are the oil companies responding to applications emailed or sent. thanks Chris
Old 04-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Rookie

Whats shakken in the Bakken?? I see the Grass roots Org. from PA was out that way a week ago. Hows the the water and air doing up there? And Hows the fishing doing?
Old 04-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
hey justruckin, I left u a message on other o/op board, but will ask it here too,

Do you know where I can get a 2 line wet kit, pto. purchased and installed around here. Prefer to stay close to minot but anywhere from williston to minot would work.

Anyone who knows where to go, I would surely appreciate it. Thanks
You don't want to do it up here, head to Billings and find a shop down there, or head over to MN or Wisconsin. They will rape you up here.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeds View Post
Hello, Mike would you suggest coming up to apply and hope for the best, or are the oil companies responding to applications emailed or sent. thanks Chris
Get on Criagslist or follow up with one of the staffing outfit links I have already posted. Find a job on the internet, get hired, and get up here. If it works out, great, if not, you will be able to make contacts up here and still be getting paid. It took me a year up here to find this current job, and I am very happy, making some serious coin and have free housing and other perks. Heck, I'm a nine iron from the banks of the Yellowstone River... 2 miles from the shop and town... Sitting here having a beer and looking forward to the weekend... Which I have off.

Mike

On Edit: Chris, what experience do you have? Do you have a cdl or are you looking to get into something like a rig job? Let me know.

Last edited by Justruckin; 04-18-2012 at 02:20 PM.