Thread: Can you tell me about any companies that run 7 on 7off or similar or part time?

Default Can you tell me about any companies that run 7 on 7off or similar or part time?

Can you tell me about any companies that run 7-on-7-off or similar or part time?

jrhbull is offline Member

Id like to know to that would be GREAT Are any of them out of Florida?

chain binder is offline Member

You might check with Schneider.They have a 2weekon,1week off program.You have to leave your truck at the terminal on your week off.I believe they have some part driver positions.That is the only company I know off that has what you might be looking for.

Roadhog is offline Board Icon

With any of these companies, I'm sure you have to have some proven experience to be a slip seat driver.

info off the Roehl site;

Roehl 7-on/7-off Fleet
    The ultimate home time, exclusively from Roehl. Drive 7, be home 7. 7-on / 7-off Drivers are paid at the National Fleet rate (in 2004 7/7 drivers averaged 85,000 miles - $34,000). Please check with a Roehl recruiter to see if we're currently hiring 7/7 drivers in your area. Space in the 7-on / 7-off fleet program may be limited in some areas of the country. *Must have minimum of 50,000 miles experience

seadawg is offline Member

Roehl and Schneider both offer 7 on /7 off,slip seat and leave truck at terminals,I ran with Roehl and still got over 3000 miles a week,back in 2005,don't know how it is now.

Luzon is offline Member

Knight Transportation offers that too.

Syncrosonix is offline Senior Board Member

knight has an express schedule. you're on for one to three weeks or longer, and off for a week. the only downfall is that you'll be slip-seating. you may get a truck that goes 65mph, empty it out for your time off, and get into another truck that does 61 pedal, 59 cruise. i've had a LOT of those trucks. they're no fun.

Steel Horse Cowboy is offline Senior Board Member

Why not just work 4 on and 3 off?
    Thats what I do...... mon-thursday. Take off Fri/Sat/Sun it's great!!!

coalregion is offline Board Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Horse Cowboy View Post
    Why not just work 4 on and 3 off?
    Thats what I do...... mon-thursday. Take off Fri/Sat/Sun it's great!!!
    Lemme guess. You're an O/O....Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Food has replaced sex in my life. Now I can't even get in my own pants....

Unfortunately, i've heard nothing but but things about knight lately.............

Steel Horse Cowboy is offline Senior Board Member

Quote Originally Posted by coalregion View Post
    Lemme guess. You're an O/O....Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    Why yes..... but that doesn't make a difference in what the post is asking for.

Instead of working 7 days in 2 weeks, they would work 8 days in 2 weeks, but still have a paycheck for each that would be descent. Honestly, you will get more $$ and miles with a 4-3 than a 7-7. At some point in the 7 days, if your running hard, you will need a 34 restart. With the 4 day run, you can avg a good 2000-2400 miles, take the 3 days off, then run another 2000-2400 compared to the 3000 in the 7 days.

Gotta look at the big picture.

Luzon is offline Member

Yep, gotta always remember that evil 70 hour / 34 hour reset equation.

Instead of working 7 days in 2 weeks, they would work 8 days in 2 weeks, but still have a paycheck for each that would be descent. Honestly, you will get more $$ and miles with a 4-3 than a 7-7. At some point in the 7 days, if your running hard, you will need a 34 restart. With the 4 day run, you can avg a good 2000-2400 miles, take the 3 days off, then run another 2000-2400 compared to the 3000 in the 7 days.

Hmmm....that's a good point, however for some--like me the 7-7 might still be a better plan:

a) If you don't live that close to the terminal, then travel time to home and then back to the terminal has to be factored in.

b) Due to personal/home/family reasons it just seems less disruptive and smoother to take off once instead of twice per 2 weeks.

jordang900L is offline Rookie

give me some info on this? what you pull? where at? just all the info. i would greatly appreciate it.

16. This ad will disappear if you login