User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default victim of cutbacks

So last week Schnieder informs me that I am no longer needed to pull a tanker as they are making some cutbacks in my region, being that I am new to the tanker division I was first to go. So now I am left looking for a new job and am curious about finding local work pulling a tank, I only have 9 months of tank experience and just under 3 years driving experience, I have a spotless record. What are my chances of getting on with a local tank company pulling hazmat or fuel?
My girl tells me she would be willing to move as she can get a job most anywhere she is an RN however sense our family is in Goose Creek we would like to stay fairly close, Charlotte, Atlanta, Florida areas have all been talked about and we are willing to make the move as we are both young and ready to experience life without the family support system right down the road. Does any one have any ideas for companies in these areas I can do some research on. Thanks for your help.

Jimmy
Old 09-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

If I were you I would start knocking on doors and see if one will open for you. It will help that you have 3 years driving experience. It would help if you had more tanker experience, but I would think that 9 months tanker experience would definitely be a plus. It might be necessary for you to go with a company that is either regional or otr to get more experience or until something local opens up.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
So last week Schnieder informs me that I am no longer needed to pull a tanker as they are making some cutbacks in my region, being that I am new to the tanker division I was first to go. So now I am left looking for a new job and am curious about finding local work pulling a tank, I only have 9 months of tank experience and just under 3 years driving experience, I have a spotless record. What are my chances of getting on with a local tank company pulling hazmat or fuel?
My girl tells me she would be willing to move as she can get a job most anywhere she is an RN however sense our family is in Goose Creek we would like to stay fairly close, Charlotte, Atlanta, Florida areas have all been talked about and we are willing to make the move as we are both young and ready to experience life without the family support system right down the road. Does any one have any ideas for companies in these areas I can do some research on. Thanks for your help.

Jimmy
Try;

Schwerman Trucking...... https://www.tankstar.com/webdocs/jsp....jsp?rPageID=2 . Kurbski...(Keith) just started with their Rogers Cartage division down in JAX. You could ask him questions.

Southern Tanklines (Holly Hill) .......... Southern Tank Transport, Inc. - Home ....... They run pretty much from Oklahoma east...based on the east coast.

TideWaterTransit............ Tidewater Transit Co. ........Florence isn't that far from you.

Good Luck.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Rookie

Thank you guys for your ideas, I am going to do some research on these companies. I was surfing earlier today and came across two companies that seem to be in the Atlanta area one is Energy Dispatch and the other is Mansfield Oil, I found out that Energy dispatch is a large comapny that seems to pull for Race Track gas stations in the south east region. According to the Mansfield Oil website they seem to be a fuel supplier, I have seen their trucks on the road when driving through Atlanta. However I have not been able to find out to a whole lot of info on either company other then the website propaganda anyone have personal knowledge of these guys.

Thanks.

Jimmy
Old 09-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Senior Board Member

Energy Dispatch is the trucking company that services Race Track / Raceway stores. They pay by the load, except in the Atlanta area.

Mansfield oil is a BP fuel "Jobber" out of Dora GA, that has grown very quickly as BP has worked at eliminating it's truck fleet. Mansfield buys trucks as BP releases them, and usually hires driver's laidoff by BP.

If you are interested in hauling fuel, then you need to go down to the Quala Wash facility on Virginia Ave in N. Charleston, (right off the I-526 exit to Virginina, 1/2 mile) and talk to Pope Transport. They will train you if you pass the background, and they pay decent for the area. Their terminal is in the doublewide trailer in the northeast corner of the lot.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You may want to check with Pilot and Flying J if you want to haul fuel. Both run tankers and I think their drivers are home every night.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:15 AM
Rookie

Keenan Advantage Group
2516 Clements Ferrry Rd. Wando, SC 29492. Close enough for you?

The Kenan Advantage Group - Facilities

https://www.thekag.com/Employment/tabid/70/Default.aspx
Old 09-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Board Regular

Hey OrangeTxguy, and all moderators, (GMAN, Ridge runner, And yes you too Twilight) and all other board members...
I saw this thread and I had to sign up with a new name to post my thoughts about your response to the OP concerning Mansfield Oil. as many of you know I just can't help myself from time to time... Sense I have seen the Rev come back I have come to realize I really miss posting on the board as my true self (Timberwolf) SO with this being said; I do need to issue a sincere apology to all of you whom I offended with my avatar photo of me in my man panties. I got to a point on the board where I just felt as if all things were turning to crap and I simply became quite tired of the BS and felt the need to have fun with it, Hence why I went completely overboard and posted a photo that was quite disturbing to some and for others may have been quite exciting, we will never know those of you who found it exciting but none the less IT WAS WHAT IT WAS an offensive photo and was clearly against the rules of the board and for that I sincerely apologize to all who were offended..... I also apologize to the moderators for my childish behavior and for making your jobs a little more stressful you did not deserve to be the target of my aggression (for the most part) So once again for what it is worth to all of you I am sorry...
Timberwolf....

Ok Orangetxguy, Mansfield is so much more then a BP Jobber, so much more. This company is one of the largest fuel suppliers and distributors in the country, they supply all sorts of fuel product to the entire Continental United States including Alaska and Canada, with many nationwide supply contracts, such as Waste Management, many local school contracts and local city supply contracts not to mention all the gas stations they supply fuel for. They supply and deliver over 1.5 Billion Gallons of fuel a year.
The company has been in existence since 1957 and is #66 on the Forbes 500 Privately Owned Companies list.
"Mansfield is the most comprehensive fuel distribution network in the United States and enjoys proprietary supply relationships with all major and independent refiners and a majority of the nation's petroleum transportation companies."
As far as the trucks they purchase I cannot speak for what they own in Georgia as I have yet to see the corporate office however I do know they have some Pete's up there but mostly KW's, my understanding is that they purchase them brand new and change them out at 500,000 or so..
Mansfield Marched into the Orlando Market back in March of 2010 with the intent to deliver their numerous local contracts with their own trucks and drivers. They came down here with four brand new 2010 Kenworths (610 miles on them when they hit the yard here in Orlando) and have since added one more truck with plans to continue the growth pattern. When the BPs in the Orlando market first sold the original buyer had difficulty maintaining the contract agreement causing BP to look for a new buyer. They found one in a company called Arizona Oil / Georgia Oil / and now Florida Oil, one company operating BPs in all three states. This company developed a relationship with Mansfield to deliver their fuel needs in the Georgia market after purchasing the Atlanta area AM/PM BP Stores. When they came into the Orlando market and purchased the 30 AM/PM BP stores here it seemed only natural for Mansfield to position the company to deliver their product here along with the idea to stop farming out the rest of their product that was being delivered by other carriers and do the job themselves. Six months into this experience all has worked well and Mansfield is one of those companies that drivers like to work for. The initial hire experience was a job fair in Orlando attended by 100+ drivers to obtain the 10 driving positions available.
Once again I am sorry for my behavior this past year and plead temporary stupidity for my actions.. I hope you all will accept this and not think too badly of me....

Kentla93
(AKA Timberwolf)
Old 09-19-2010, 08:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentla93 View Post
Hey OrangeTxguy, and all moderators, (GMAN, Ridge runner, And yes you too Twilight) and all other board members...
I saw this thread and I had to sign up with a new name to post my thoughts about your response to the OP concerning Mansfield Oil. as many of you know I just can't help myself from time to time... Sense I have seen the Rev come back I have come to realize I really miss posting on the board as my true self (Timberwolf) SO with this being said; I do need to issue a sincere apology to all of you whom I offended with my avatar photo of me in my man panties. I got to a point on the board where I just felt as if all things were turning to crap and I simply became quite tired of the BS and felt the need to have fun with it, Hence why I went completely overboard and posted a photo that was quite disturbing to some and for others may have been quite exciting, we will never know those of you who found it exciting but none the less IT WAS WHAT IT WAS an offensive photo and was clearly against the rules of the board and for that I sincerely apologize to all who were offended..... I also apologize to the moderators for my childish behavior and for making your jobs a little more stressful you did not deserve to be the target of my aggression (for the most part) So once again for what it is worth to all of you I am sorry...
Timberwolf....

Ok Orangetxguy, Mansfield is so much more then a BP Jobber, so much more. This company is one of the largest fuel suppliers and distributors in the country, they supply all sorts of fuel product to the entire Continental United States including Alaska and Canada, with many nationwide supply contracts, such as Waste Management, many local school contracts and local city supply contracts not to mention all the gas stations they supply fuel for. They supply and deliver over 1.5 Billion Gallons of fuel a year.
The company has been in existence since 1957 and is #66 on the Forbes 500 Privately Owned Companies list.
"Mansfield is the most comprehensive fuel distribution network in the United States and enjoys proprietary supply relationships with all major and independent refiners and a majority of the nation's petroleum transportation companies."
As far as the trucks they purchase I cannot speak for what they own in Georgia as I have yet to see the corporate office however I do know they have some Pete's up there but mostly KW's, my understanding is that they purchase them brand new and change them out at 500,000 or so..
Mansfield Marched into the Orlando Market back in March of 2010 with the intent to deliver their numerous local contracts with their own trucks and drivers. They came down here with four brand new 2010 Kenworths (610 miles on them when they hit the yard here in Orlando) and have since added one more truck with plans to continue the growth pattern. When the BPs in the Orlando market first sold the original buyer had difficulty maintaining the contract agreement causing BP to look for a new buyer. They found one in a company called Arizona Oil / Georgia Oil / and now Florida Oil, one company operating BPs in all three states. This company developed a relationship with Mansfield to deliver their fuel needs in the Georgia market after purchasing the Atlanta area AM/PM BP Stores. When they came into the Orlando market and purchased the 30 AM/PM BP stores here it seemed only natural for Mansfield to position the company to deliver their product here along with the idea to stop farming out the rest of their product that was being delivered by other carriers and do the job themselves. Six months into this experience all has worked well and Mansfield is one of those companies that drivers like to work for. The initial hire experience was a job fair in Orlando attended by 100+ drivers to obtain the 10 driving positions available.
Once again I am sorry for my behavior this past year and plead temporary stupidity for my actions.. I hope you all will accept this and not think too badly of me....

Kentla93
(AKA Timberwolf)
LOL...not a problem for stating what you know about your employer there Timber. I only know of them as a "Jobber" out of Dora, who buys the BP fleet trucks as they are released. KW T-800 and Heil 5 hole wagons. 2 of the guys I know at the Dora terminal hired on at Mansfield. You can see the BP DOT (the removed) info on the trucks as you work around Atlanta.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:05 PM
Board Icon

That is the best "apology" speech I have EVER heard! Even OBAMA can't top it! :lol2:

Come on guys.... let him back into the sandbox! I miss him... well, the OLD him!

He obviously knows more about this aspect of trucking than I ever knew he did! He could be of help to others.

As a bonafide CAD "addict," I can sympathize with his desire to return. But for the grace of Batman (a god in his own right,) I would have been banished LONG ago! :lol: [credit due to the REV here, too.]

He didn't try to SNEAK back in... well, not THIS time.

And let him have his OLD name and avatar back. Please?

CAD is a familly! We all go thru "stages" while growing up. We ALL have our "stressors." Timberwolf had a LONG history of insightful and intelligent posts for YEARS before he got "bit" by a rabid coyote! I think he's over it now.

The REV is back. "He who dances with Sheep" is back. Even CLUGGY is back!

Not EVERYONE sees what the mods see. I NEVER knew what got Steve Booth "booted." I never saw these "photos" that Timberwolf admits to. I never really knew why Cluggy (what was his first username?) got booted. It's ALL "old news!" I even liked BigDiesel when I wasn't fighting with him! :lol:

I LOVE CAD... but, we could USE some "energy." I'm getting tired of being the ONLY "whipping post!" :smokin:

In fact... I've been toying with the idea of weaning myself off the tit! can I SAY that here? :lol2:

Anyways.... do that voodoo that you do so well, and bend the rules a bit, eh?

Hobo

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.