Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A&R Transport

bulldogg85 is offline Member

Default A&R Transport

Hey all! Just wondered if anyone knows anything on AR Transport. Possibly have a chance of getting hired in with them.. Already went through the interview process.. Most of their business is hauling plastic pellets.. Seems like a really good company and sounds like they treat their drivers pretty good. Seems like a real professional company. Your home most weekends but occasionally have to stay out longer.. For the pay and better than average equipment sounds like a good gig.. If anyone knows anything else or if your a former driver I would love to get some personal experiences or extra info on the company.. Thanks all!

Be safe out on that big road!

JewelsnTools is offline Board Regular

Default No info, but...

BD,
    I don't know about this company, no, but I wish you the best on getting hired on. 38special she'd not heard a "peep" from them, so you're already getting more of a response!
    Guess I just wanted to ask that you keep us posted on what happens--some of us are in the market for a new "ride", too!

Jewels

P.S., As "oldtimers" sets in, I may have gotten the other poster twisted. Apologies in advance!
    They're not "hot flashes"...they're POWER SURGES!

feederfred is offline Board Regular

Default A&R..

I have a really good friend that works out of their Rialto, CA. terminal. He likes it, pays .48CPM loaded, .28cpm. empty and $20 to load/unload. Works an occasional Saturday trip for a flat rate (like $100 for a quick trip into Los Angeles). Benefits are OK, equipment is good. He mostly runs Arizona and Nevada, with an occasional trip to Arkansas or Missouri..Hope this helps.
    "What did BROWN do TO ME ?????

Orangetxguy is offline Senior Board Member

The "Pellet" trucks are mainly based in Texas (Corpus Christi, Houston), Baton Rouge LA, Charlotte NC and Parkerburg WV. Cali, IL, MO and OH terminals have both pneumatic trailers and liquid bulk trailers.

A&R does a lot of transloading from rail-car and barge.

The company trucks are mainly light blue, while the O/O trucks run to every color in the book. lot's of Pete's and KW900's. If you were to work out of Corpus, Houston or Baton Rouge.....you can expect to run hot & heavy. Lot's of "out & back". It is not uncommon to see an A&R O/O truck doing 80+.
    Space...............Is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence! :thumbsup: Star Trek2009

P A Frederick is offline Member

Talked to as few of their drivers over the years and they call seem happy. All nice top of the line equipment. I tried to get hired with them a while back, but they were not hiring at the time.

Might be interesting to know they just started (I think they just started it anyway) a reefer division. Brand new reefer trailers (looked nice) and new International ProStar's, loaded to the hilt. I was next to one of their drivers at a grocery warehouse in Indy. I looked in his truck and it had very bell and whistle, including an APU. He said he had pulled reefers all his life and A&R was the best company he'd ever worked for. All no-touch and they stood behind their drivers trying to get unloaded fast.

Let us know how it goes. They have a reputation as being picky about who they hire, and their guys stay around a long time because their treated very well.

Orangetxguy is offline Senior Board Member

Quote Originally Posted by P A Frederick View Post
    Talked to as few of their drivers over the years and they call seem happy. All nice top of the line equipment. I tried to get hired with them a while back, but they were not hiring at the time.

Might be interesting to know they just started (I think they just started it anyway) a reefer division. Brand new reefer trailers (looked nice) and new International ProStar's, loaded to the hilt. I was next to one of their drivers at a grocery warehouse in Indy. I looked in his truck and it had very bell and whistle, including an APU. He said he had pulled reefers all his life and A&R was the best company he'd ever worked for. All no-touch and they stood behind their drivers trying to get unloaded fast.

Let us know how it goes. They have a reputation as being picky about who they hire, and their guys stay around a long time because their treated very well.
    A&R has had reefers for about 10 years. There are a lot of chemicals that go into totes, that are temperature sensitive. They do a lot of reefer work for DuPont and Lubrizol. They have been buying more, to cut into KLLM's and Prime's portion of the chemical work. (in my opinion)
    Space...............Is disease and danger, wrapped in darkness and silence! :thumbsup: Star Trek2009

Dejanh is offline BANNED Senior Board Member

AR is a good company. You will not go wrong with them, i guarantee you that !

Smile A&R Transport

Hey everyone! Thanks alot for all your comments and feedback. Thanks for the extra info and help.. Good news from A&R I was approved to work for them. My hiring manager got back to me acouple days after my interview to share the news with me.. They really seem like a great bunch of people who really take care of their drivers..

I wasn't aware of A&R Transport having reefers either.. The guy in charge of hiring that I had my interview with was very polite and provided lots of info.. Didn't mention the reefs though.. Thats cool they have more options.. Most of what I would be doin would be the plastic pellets loads he was sayin .. Most of the trailers are vacuum trailers.. He was sayin that they have a fair amount of Canada freight and wasn't sure if I could get home on weekends.. Its stated your supposed to be home most weekends, but yall know how that is.. My thinking is if your gonna stay out or have to stay out alittle longer its nice to be working for a great company making descent money.. Kinda lookin for something with alittle better hometime, but A&R Transport seems like a great company overall and hard to pass on a opportunity like that.. Judging on things I have heard from drivers, equipment, pay,low turnover and great overall company moral.. I have a few other offers that provide home every night hometime, but from what I heard the company is so so.. One is Schilli and the other is a local company. Being doing research on Schilli, some is good and some is bad.. Pretty typical. So I am looking to make a decision here soon.. Just thankful that I have a few options. Once again thanks alot for the info on A&R Trans.. I will update once I make my decision..

Be safe yall out on that big road.!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg85 View Post
    Hey everyone! Thanks alot for all your comments and feedback. Thanks for the extra info and help.. Good news from A&R I was approved to work for them. My hiring manager got back to me acouple days after my interview to share the news with me.. They really seem like a great bunch of people who really take care of their drivers..

I wasn't aware of A&R Transport having reefers either.. The guy in charge of hiring that I had my interview with was very polite and provided lots of info.. Didn't mention the reefs though.. Thats cool they have more options.. Most of what I would be doin would be the plastic pellets loads he was sayin .. Most of the trailers are vacuum trailers.. He was sayin that they have a fair amount of Canada freight and wasn't sure if I could get home on weekends.. Its stated your supposed to be home most weekends, but yall know how that is.. My thinking is if your gonna stay out or have to stay out alittle longer its nice to be working for a great company making descent money.. Kinda lookin for something with alittle better hometime, but A&R Transport seems like a great company overall and hard to pass on a opportunity like that.. Judging on things I have heard from drivers, equipment, pay,low turnover and great overall company moral.. I have a few other offers that provide home every night hometime, but from what I heard the company is so so.. One is Schilli and the other is a local company. Being doing research on Schilli, some is good and some is bad.. Pretty typical. So I am looking to make a decision here soon.. Just thankful that I have a few options. Once again thanks alot for the info on A&R Trans.. I will update once I make my decision..

Be safe yall out on that big road.!
    Go with A & R...if you don't, that will be the biggest mistake you have ever made in your life.

Mackman is offline Senior Board Member

Do the other 2 companys pay by the hr if they are local?? If they do go with one of them. Cant beat hourly pay.:thumbsup:
    Truck Driving an occupation consisting of hours of boredom interrupted by sheer terror!!

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Hey Dejanh! Hey man thanks for the advice on A&R.. Like I was sayin they really do sound like a really great company.. If I have to be out on the road they would be the kind of company that I would want to work for.. Great to see a low turnover rate.. How do you know about them? Do you work for them or had you or do you just know from other drivers? Any additional info is greatly appreciated.

Mackman.. Yea man I hear ya on the hourly pay.. Its nice to get a descent hourly wage.. Most of the time the places you go you have minimal wait time on an hourly wage.. If ya do have to wait at least your gettin paid great for it instead of sitting all day somewhere you dont even want to be sitting for 50 dollars .. Thats insane.. Been there and done that.. If ya have too you have too, but its real nice when ya don't.. With the way the economy has been we should all just be lucky to have, have an opportunity at a new job or hold on to a job.. I was paid hourly in my last job before I got laid off and it was nice.. Home most nights with a great paycheck at the end of the week.. Wasnt the best place to work but the money was great.. It would be nice to find a happy medium if that exists..With whatever opportunity I decide to take I will just be thankful to have the opportunity and do my best. Thanks again for the replies and info guys.

Be safe out there on the big road..

Hey Dejanh! Hey man thanks for the advice on A&R.. Like I was sayin they really do sound like a really great company.. If I have to be out on the road they would be the kind of company that I would want to work for.. Great to see a low turnover rate.. How do you know about them? Do you work for them or had you or do you just know from other drivers? Any additional info is greatly appreciated.
    I work for another company doing similar things with pneumatic trailers and do come in contact with their drivers. One way you can judge a company is by the way that their drivers look and act. These guys are bunch of professionals and every one of them is very happy with A&R..
    I live minutes from their terminal here in NC but i hooked up with another outfit which is also very good so i am not complaining, but given the choices that you have, you need to concider yourself lucky that A&R gave you a shot my friend...

Hey Dejanh! Yes I do feel very blessed that A&R has given me a chance for employment with them. The choices I have listed are not all that I have but out of alot of those companies A&R is definitely the best by far.. The others pay alittle less but your home nearly every night. Tough choice cause there are some other things outside of truckin I am lookin at doin so thats why its a tough decision.. Looking to make my decision soon. Sounds like you have a pretty good gig going for yourself as well.. Thanks for the info on A&R that you know of them.. keep truckin!

Be safe out on the big road yall...

1catfish is offline Board Regular

Hey Dejanh! Yes I do feel very blessed that A&R has given me a chance for employment with them. The choices I have listed are not all that I have but out of alot of those companies A&R is definitely the best by far.. The others pay alittle less but your home nearly every night. Tough choice cause there are some other things outside of truckin I am lookin at doin so thats why its a tough decision.. Looking to make my decision soon. Sounds like you have a pretty good gig going for yourself as well.. Thanks for the info on A&R that you know of them.. keep truckin!

Be safe out on the big road yall...
    go with the jobs where your home nearly every night, you'll be glad later.:clap:
    take what you can, give nothing back!:thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Dejanh View Post
    AR is a good company. You will not go wrong with them, i guarantee you that !
    i wonder how critical there are about being able to go into canada, or can you just stay in the lower 48?:thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by 1catfish View Post
    i wonder how critical there are about being able to go into canada, or can you just stay in the lower 48?:thumbsup:
    I go to Canada often and see them up there all the time.

Companies like that dont ask you where you want to go, they just tell you and you do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Dejanh View Post
    I go to Canada often and see them up there all the time.

Companies like that dont ask you where you want to go, they just tell you and you do it...
    nah,, don't think so.:hellno:

crb Guest

I'm wondering if anybody has current info on A&R, wife wants to start a family next year so she will be getting off the truck. We live close to their Cleveland Ohio terminal. Anybody know what they run out of the Cleveland terminal, what I'm really interested in knowing is typical runs or hometinr for drivers out of the Cleveland terminal.

Steel Horse Cowboy is offline Senior Board Member

Quote Originally Posted by crb View Post
    I'm wondering if anybody has current info on A&R, wife wants to start a family next year so she will be getting off the truck. We live close to their Cleveland Ohio terminal. Anybody know what they run out of the Cleveland terminal, what I'm really interested in knowing is typical runs or hometinr for drivers out of the Cleveland terminal.
    No idea, but I hauled a few loads for them out of their Joliet, IL terminal and it was plastic pellets and they all went local. I know they do some OTR stuff too, but the guy here in town that runs for them has a brand new Pete w/tri-pac and is home on weekends, so it can't be too bad.

crb Guest

When my wife gets off the truck we want to start a family, and I want a home life. We currently run LTL I could probably stay here as a solo but I'm pretty low on the board. I only plan on driving between 2-5 yrs when she gets off the truck, unless I land a local gig. I'm picky about companies, so I am starting my search early. I'm also a little OCD so I need multiple options, just in case plan A doesn't work. Thanks for the reply!

22. This ad will disappear if you login

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast