User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2009, 06:39 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Got hired by Werner!!

Yup, I finally got a job with these guys, I hope there a good company to work for, the thing is I have like zero experience so that's one of the reasons I'm doing it, and second, i haven't worked in like a year so yeah, just thought I'd share it with you guys.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Hey! Welcome back to the working world! Best wishes on your new adventure. Let us know how it is going! :thumbsup:
Old 09-23-2009, 12:02 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

I worked for Werner when i first started out. It was a survival mode for the first 3 months, they payed me .24cpm and during those 3 months i ran about 20K miles altogether. I never argued with anyone, I barely called my dispacher at all except one time when i really had it in New Jersey.....

After that conversation and after i explained to him my situation, he looked over everything and agreed i guess and i was running more than a person with 10 years expirience with them. My attitude and work ethics made me his favorite even though i was new and he had ALOT of other trucks on his board. As a matter of fact, he was giving me these JIT loads that he knew no one else can make on time. Rob Wazovsky was his name.

After my decision to leave for another company which was paying me .36cpm with all the miles i could get, he called me personally 10 times to make me stay.

You will endure some hard times at the start, but suck it up and dont call Omaha except in emergency, they hate all the phone calls drivers give them all the time, he told me this personally. Last 4 months i was getting over 12K miles easy just because i stuck it up. You can do the same thing and just take care of the business.

THis was 4 years ago, Werner is slow just like everyone is right now so it might be even tougher but if you want to make it, you will but only if you do your job professionally.

Also idling, dont idle too much. Qualcomm tell them your idle time as well. I dont like to idle anyways so i didnt.

Good luck.

Last edited by Dejanh; 09-23-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:26 PM

Good going on getting a job,thats hard for anyone right now! not the best company in the world but everything is what you make of it. Like was said above. Just suck it up and work hard and work your way into something better later on. Just enjoy having a job,thats a big plus these days.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Nice!!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 02:07 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejanh View Post
I worked for Werner when i first started out. It was a survival mode for the first 3 months, they payed me .24cpm and during those 3 months i ran about 20K miles altogether. I never argued with anyone, I barely called my dispacher at all except one time when i really had it in New Jersey.....

After that conversation and after i explained to him my situation, he looked over everything and agreed i guess and i was running more than a person with 10 years expirience with them. My attitude and work ethics made me his favorite even though i was new and he had ALOT of other trucks on his board. As a matter of fact, he was giving me these JIT loads that he knew no one else can make on time. Rob Wazovsky was his name.

After my decision to leave for another company which was paying me .36cpm with all the miles i could get, he called me personally 10 times to make me stay.

You will endure some hard times at the start, but suck it up and dont call Omaha except in emergency, they hate all the phone calls drivers give them all the time, he told me this personally. Last 4 months i was getting over 12K miles easy just because i stuck it up. You can do the same thing and just take care of the business.

THis was 4 years ago, Werner is slow just like everyone is right now so it might be even tougher but if you want to make it, you will but only if you do your job professionally.

Also idling, dont idle too much. Qualcomm tell them your idle time as well. I dont like to idle anyways so i didnt.

Good luck.
Excellent advice and guidance Dejanh!

OP, what Dejanh has just shared with you is a recipe for success when starting out in the trucking business. Adhere to the above advice and you will do just fine out there. Congratulations on finally finding work. It's tough out there for sure. Remember to suck it up and drive on! BOL

Old 09-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Board Regular

belpre...u feeling ok dude??? no..coolie carrier, otr sucks balls bull****. i think all the clean fresh air is messing with your head!!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 03:04 PM

What fleet are you going to, Van, Refer? You mentioned little exper., they having you go out with a trainer and if so, how long? Good luck to ya.
down the hill
Old 09-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Congratz, I've talked to them over the CB and inspite of my kidding with them they seem to be prety happy.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122 View Post
Excellent advice and guidance Dejanh!

OP, what Dejanh has just shared with you is a recipe for success when starting out in the trucking business. Adhere to the above advice and you will do just fine out there. Congratulations on finally finding work. It's tough out there for sure. Remember to suck it up and drive on! BOL
OK who are you and what did you do to Belpre??

To the OP, stick with it and BOL