User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default a place to vote on which major trucking company will go under.

a place to vote on which major trucking company will be the next to go under..
you place the name of the company and why you think it will go under. this should be interesting...

for me it's hard to decide. Between werner and swift. one is hurting as bad as the other. swift for the fines they had to pay... it really hurt the company. and werner for the fact that they have a hiring freeze. I guess werner is about broke.... and the peterbuilt dealer ship they have. is about to eat them out of house and home.. and do to the fact that catapiler is no long selling there engines on the highway truck market..

one last rule. you can decide on any trucking company to put in the voting poll... I am purely placing this voting pole for entertainment for everyone..

Last edited by Matcron33; 06-09-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:28 PM

Well i will go you one different, they are not one of the super size mega carriers but they are well over 1000 trucks. Falcon Transport. I worked for them for a year hauling dedicated auto parts runs. Their whole operation was tied very closely to the automotive industry with GM and Chrysler being big hunks of their business on the van side and the majority of their flatbed freight was tied up in hauling coils. I havent heard anything about how they are doing but i would guess this automotive downturn has effected them as bad or worse than alot of the other big players.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matcron33 View Post
a place to vote on which major trucking company will be the next to go under..
Why are you such a pessimist?

Have you just been fired by some big carrier or what? issedoff:

All of your posts seem very negative, so what is your story anyways?
Old 06-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Rookie

what's my deal??? it's really simple. I have worked for my oldest brother for the last year pulling containers out of chicago. the company he leased the truck to. had the accounts frooze completely.. the container companies owner was getting a divorce. and didn't say anything about it until the lease was signed. so may 1 I was laid off with out any kind of notice what so ever. they never even called me to tell me. and when i called in to see what they had for me to do on that friday. the didn't say anything then.. you would be a really upset from the whole matter. too make matters worse never of them will tell the unemployement office i am laid off. why??? because neither of them want to pay the unemployement benifits i really need. to make matters worse. no one is hiring. and that is a fact. I am 5 states away from home. stuck in the south side of indianapolis. it's really bad here. to make matters worse. neither my brother or the owner of the container company will varify the last year of employment. any local companies here that is hring. won't hire me. because i am not a resident of this corn fead state of indiana.. it's bad. the worst i ever had my whole life.. too make matters really bad. I live in a truck on my brothes lot. have to baby sit the shop why because the crack heads here will rob the place. he will not pay me. and when i asked to be paid. this is what my very own brother told me.. I let you stay on my lot. that should be pay enough. so I have very little money and no where to live. I can't get help from either indiana or florida for welfare,unemployement or any other govornment program... how am I writting this to you. on the computer in the office of the shop my brother owns.. beleieve me. you have no clue on what it's like to be completely left out in the cold. I always wondered why so of the homeless were bitter. Now that i am homeless. I see completely how they feel when the ask for a dollar or hold a sign up begging for help.. and no one will help. so as you can see. I am really not a negative person at all. what happened to me shouldn't of happened. and I haven't done nothing wrong in my life to deserve this..

and i am sorry if my post on the trucking sites seem to be a bit negative. and to truthfull. honesty is just that. honesty. most of my post are to help people with question they have about trucking related jobs.. this is the only post on the internet any where that is meant to be entertaining and fun...

and you can believe me i am on here everyday sending out applications and follow up calls on them.. no one in the trucking industry seems to want to help me.. later when the economy picks up. and they are calling me begging me to come and drive there truck. I have a great memory... and I will recall this point in time in life. and how they turned there noses up at me... I am going through a really bad time in my life rite now... hopfully one day soon. things will get better for me.. and remember you asked..
Old 06-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matcron33 View Post
lots of detail
See now that is kind of what I thought. I know that things are tough everywhere right now, but your circumstances can be fixed if those people would just do the right thing. I am sure you could find work driving if they would just verify your employment.

There are companies that are hiring right now. They are getting very picky, as they have hundreds of applicants for every position they have. Even the big training carriers are still taking students, but they have huge waiting lists to get in class.

They are also getting stricter with accidents, and speeding tickets.This all makes sense from an employers perspective. In this economy they can take the best and ignore the rest. Unfortunately for you the unverified work history is a big negative.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Falcon is logical but I would say Swift due to the huge debt load and the fines/court cases that are coming down the pike. they are in real trouble.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:27 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoMrBill View Post
See now that is kind of what I thought. I know that things are tough everywhere right now, but your circumstances can be fixed if those people would just do the right thing. I am sure you could find work driving if they would just verify your employment.

There are companies that are hiring right now. They are getting very picky, as they have hundreds of applicants for every position they have. Even the big training carriers are still taking students, but they have huge waiting lists to get in class.

They are also getting stricter with accidents, and speeding tickets.This all makes sense from an employers perspective. In this economy they can take the best and ignore the rest. Unfortunately for you the unverified work history is a big negative.
yep,that's what i know!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 12:22 AM

Werner is not going under....
Old 06-11-2009, 12:57 AM
Senior Board Member

I too think swift, I have thought so ever since I first started with them 2 years ago.

Anyway, mactron33, I feel your problems! I have been there, just recently, only I managed to find a job, it is all about who you know really, I know that doesn't help much, but put your name out there, the guy I am with now found me on the internet on some wierd site I posted a looking for a job ad on! Try craigslist for one, there are also various other sites out there dedicated to trucking too in a classifieds format.

Why that guy will not verify your time, is wierd. Did he pay you via 1099 or a real check with deductions? Did he pay you under the table? In any of those circumstances you can get him slammed big time for not paying you properly, and could probably get unemployment, but it will not be easy.

As I sit looking all around,
Confusion and uncertainty is all I found.
The answers are there,
But I do not know where.
Optimistic and hopeful dreams,
Are all I have so it seems.
The future I do not know,
So all I can do is take it slow.
But I do know it will work out,
So I wait and watch without a doubt
Old 06-11-2009, 10:00 PM

Maybe Swift and Werner can merge and become........

WERST

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I know that's wrong...especially since I'm going to work for Swift,but I can help myself.