User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2009, 02:37 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Risinger Bros.

Anyone have any new info on Risinger Bros? Did a search and most of the info is from 2008 and older. Any O/O work for them currently? Seem to have a nice package with pre set routes.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:42 PM

My dad worked for them for 3 years on a dedicated route. I know here (maybe less than a year ago) they canned all the company drivers (or most of them) and went 100% o/o. Also, my uncle was leased to them for several years, but thats been 4-5 years ago.

The last of their drivers I talked to got the boot when they got rid of the company drivers. He had worked there 15 years. He stated they had lost a lot of accounts (I have noticed a lot of different carriers pulling Uline trailers which was their biggest account I think). They also sold some of their property and closed their terminal in Shelbyville because they lost the International Paper account (another biggie). I'd say they are hurting bad for $$ if they are losing that many accounts and selling off assets, but maybe someone on here knows more about them.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:56 AM
Senior Board Member

I worked with them till november. They were ok then but you are right in the fact they were doing away with more company drivers and were hurting for money. My last day they were letting go of lots of company drivers, not sure if they are 100% o/o but they were going in that direction.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:12 AM
Senior Board Member

I take that back, they are leaning stronger towards o/o's but there are still some company drivers out there. Just 2 days ago I was delivering some plants in downtown ronoke rapids at midnight then a company risinger truck rolled past me. It was definatly a company truck so there are still a few company drivers. They have also cut back on thier staff. Last i knew the shelbyville terminal was just a shop, and they totaly closed down and sold thier southbend location. I can't see them loseing thier uline contract, prety sure they still have that. IP I can't vouch for since I haven't passed by the IP plan't since i left them but I still see lost of thier trucks near there so I suspect the still haul for IP as well. With IP hulling 750.000 less orders of envalope stock though, i'd imagine that has hurt risinger since i used to haul tons of loads to r.r. donely and thats mostly what I hulled.