User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2009, 02:18 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Ergon Trucking

Does anybody have any info on this company ? They are a tanker outfit, and have a terminal at Mercer in western PA, near Pittsburgh, and I saw quite a few of their trucks on I76 a few days ago, when I was down there visiting.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymist View Post
Does anybody have any info on this company ? They are a tanker outfit, and have a terminal at Mercer in western PA, near Pittsburgh, and I saw quite a few of their trucks on I76 a few days ago, when I was down there visiting.
I see quite a few of their trucks around. Generally, look to be in good condition. Since you don't hear much about them, they can't be all bad. Stay away from McIlvane.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Ergon Trucking is the transportation side of Ergon Inc. The corporation is based out of Jackson MS. There are 3 basic parts to the trucking side. Finished product transportation, which uses company trucks and owner operators, asphalt emulsions side, which also uses company trucks and owner operators, and crude oil hauling whch is primarily day cab, company truck operations, though they will use owner operators, when they need to.

The company trucks used to be only International, but the last couple years they have been buying Pete, with the company truck paint scheme using white, yellow and black.. They pay a decent wage, based on the area, but I can't tell you which area's are union and which aren't.

The finished product division hauls lower 48 and Canada, with the primary customer being ConocoPhillips, but they also haul for Dow Chem, Bayer, and numerous other's. Asphalt Emulsions is more regional work, with the truck hauling primarily Ergon Product, from Ergon Inc terminals.

Ergon, Inc.

Ergon Trucking, Inc.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Ergon Trucking is the transportation side of Ergon Inc. The corporation is based out of Jackson MS. There are 3 basic parts to the trucking side. Finished product transportation, which uses company trucks and owner operators, asphalt emulsions side, which also uses company trucks and owner operators, and crude oil hauling whch is primarily day cab, company truck operations, though they will use owner operators, when they need to.

The company trucks used to be only International, but the last couple years they have been buying Pete, with the company truck paint scheme using white, yellow and black.. They pay a decent wage, based on the area, but I can't tell you which area's are union and which aren't.

The finished product division hauls lower 48 and Canada, with the primary customer being ConocoPhillips, but they also haul for Dow Chem, Bayer, and numerous other's. Asphalt Emulsions is more regional work, with the truck hauling primarily Ergon Product, from Ergon Inc terminals.

Ergon, Inc.

Ergon Trucking, Inc.

Thanks for the prompt revert, Stan & Geargrinder.

Stan....what's the word on the street about them ? Are they a decent outfit to work for ?
Old 07-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Thanks for the prompt revert, Stan & Geargrinder.

Stan....what's the word on the street about them ? Are they a decent outfit to work for ?

All the guys I know that drive for them as company drivers are very happy. The O/O's I know are as well. If you can get on with them, jump on the chance. They don't hire, unless they are going to work the driver.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
All the guys I know that drive for them as company drivers are very happy. The O/O's I know are as well. If you can get on with them, jump on the chance. They don't hire, unless they are going to work the driver.
Thanks once again, Stan.